What's this going to cost me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this going to cost me?

My mom backed into my wife's car a couple hours ago, and she wants to pay out of pocket, so there will be no insurance company hassle. It's a white 2014 Acura TL, and it appears to be only cosmetic damage. Car drives fine with no pull or extraneous noises, so I'm pretty sure only body work will be needed. Feel free to PM me estimates or point me to a place that does good work for a decent price. Keep in mind I'm in Frisco, so no places on the other side of Fort Worth unless it's going to be a hell of a deal.

Last edited by Ratt; 07-30-2015, 07:27 AM.

Just go to herbs in Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      Just go to herbs in Frisco.
      Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have personal experience with the shop? I could have googled for local body shops, but I was looking more for someone on the board who did paint/body and might be looking for some extra income or someone who has a personal recommendation for a place that does good work at a fair price.

Comment

I used herbs when my mustang got hail damage cause my insurance said if I used them they would also guarantee it for life. The previous time I used Service King on my old truck, and of the two, if paint is involved, I'd go service king... Both in frisco, within 2 years of each other. Whoever painted the hood (new/replaced due to hail) on my mustang must have been a newbie, way more orange peel than the factory job. I took it back to them to correct it, but it wasn't much better so I fixed it myself with sandpaper and a buffer. No more Herbs for me.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have personal experience with the shop? I could have googled for local body shops, but I was looking more for someone on the board who did paint/body and might be looking for some extra income or someone who has a personal recommendation for a place that does good work at a fair price.
          I know a guy at herbs, all of the work I have seen from them has been great, sucks to see that birddog wasn't pleased. I have used Greg at five star in Carrollton for several years and have always been happy with him.

Comment

My uncle works at the Herbs off LBJ in Garland. I trust him of course. Can't say how the pricing is. He just started back there about a year ago and has been in the business for almost 30 years.

Comment

I've been told to reach out to Mark Preus for paint help, but I haven't had any luck getting a hold of him via PMs.

Comment

Based on my experience of no experience at all, I'm going to say $800.00.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  I've been told to reach out to Mark Preus for paint help, but I haven't had any luck getting a hold of him via PMs.
                  I don't think he gets on here anymore. Might try reaching out to him on facebook?
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

to be honest that never occurred to me

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                      to be honest that never occurred to me
                      I could be wrong. Haven't seen him post in some time.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It'll cost you nothing. I'm thinking $1500 for your mom.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Mark rarely gets on here anymore... I know he's pretty slammed right now but it wouldn't hurt to contact him on Facebook.
                          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                          X