X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Fair, Can I carry?

Going to state fair tonight.

30-06 signs?
    They sweep everyone with a metal detector, just tell them I have a hcl and show them my ID?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Weapons and sharp metal objects, such as pocket knives, scissors and the like, are not allowed. The State of Texas does allow a person holding a valid concealed handgun license to enter into Fair Park with a concealed handgun. However, during the State Fair of Texas and some other special events, licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor. In accordance with Texas laws that protect "premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place," handguns are never permitted inside the Cotton Bowl.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      Going to state fair tonight.

30-06 signs?
      They sweep everyone with a metal detector, just tell them I have a hcl and show them my ID?
      No, you better tell them you have a CHL.

Comment

discreetly let the gate person(not ticket booth person) know you have a ccw, if it's the same as a few years ago, they'll take you aside and have you fill out a form of some sort.

Comment

I carry in my right cargo shorts pocket, and their metal detectors have never gone off. I handed them my chl the first couple off times, now I walk right in.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            No, you better tell them you have a CHL.
            LOL, typing too fast...

Thanks everyone. Will post up how smooth (or not so) it goes, tomorrow.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Hope it goes smooth for you. I'm planning on carrying my 1911 with me when I go.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Carrying my G42 and extra mag IWB on my right hip. Hope I don't get some dumbass who doesn't know their own policies...

Comment

You have to check in similar to how you do at the capital building. They check your information and then let you go by. I use the CHL line either way. Prevents going through the detectors.

Comment

CHL line? There is seperate line for CHL holders?

Comment

CHL line? There is seperate line for CHL holders?
                      Sorta, you get to go to the side where the cop is sitting.

Comment

Told and showed my CHL to the gate attendant. She yells loudly to the "supervisor" on the bench about 20 feet away that I have a CHL.
                        Supervisor walks me over to the cop sitting in the stand. Hand her my DL and CHL, she writes down some info, asks me if my gun is secured, hands me my licenses back and says have a nice time.

Pretty easy except for the gate attendant yelling out I have a CHL...

Comment

Carrying my G42 and extra mag IWB on my right hip. Hope I don't get some dumbass who doesn't know their own policies...
                          Sidenote... How do you like that 42? I got my wife a Sig P238 and I can't think of a better small gun.

Comment

Didn't someone on the old site shoot someone when they were trying to carjack them at the state fair?

Comment

denny..i havent shot the P238 yet(its one im looking into). but i shot a buddies Glock 42 and it was a very sweet gun. the first glock i actually liked. i prefer my springfield XD to glock normally. but the 42 was very light, easy on the recoil and shot well. surprisingly louder than i had imagined it would be LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X