State Fair, Can I carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    I carry mine in behind my belt buckle. Raise my shirt up enough for them to see the belt as they wand me and when it goes off they assume it is the buckle. Unless a cop asks it is none of their fucking business...
    they actually got a bleep out of the detector?

My wife brought up a good point the other day, if I can walk in with a pistol in my pocket and the wand doesnt find it, how many others who arent "supposed" to be carrying got through too?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      they actually got a bleep out of the detector?

My wife brought up a good point the other day, if I can walk in with a pistol in my pocket and the wand doesnt find it, how many others who arent "supposed" to be carrying got through too?
      Yeah, most of the years I have carried in. Out of the few maybe one had even asked me to lift my shirt any higher, still did not give a shit once I did.....

Comment

This is good to know. I hate the State Fair, but my wife loves it.

I've wanted to carry ever sense that mob attack a few years back, but didn't know the procedure.

I'll be carrying my 1911 and a few extra mags

Comment

I carry mine in behind my belt buckle. Raise my shirt up enough for them to see the belt as they wand me and when it goes off they assume it is the buckle. Unless a cop asks it is none of their fucking business...
          Why do that when it's allowed? And why risk getting caught? I'm assuming that if you don't report it you are breaking some kind of law right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Why do that when it's allowed? And why risk getting caught? I'm assuming that if you don't report it you are breaking some kind of law right?
            I assume it would be something similar to not checking your conceal carry at the door of a gun show when you're supposed to.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It is allowed so what law would I be breaking and get caught doing what? Following their own rules?

Does not say ANYWHERE that you have to check in with anyone, let anyone know you are carrying, or enter through any certain gate.

Originally posted by BigTex.com
              A person holding a valid Texas Concealed Handgun License (or valid CHL from a reciprocating state) is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun; provided, however, that CHL holders will not be permitted to carry their concealed handgun inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code §46.035 as “the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place.” Note that the State Fair of Texas does not provide lockers for the storage or checking of weapons for CHL holders, so if you plan to attend a game or event in the Cotton Bowl, please secure your weapon at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. We want the fair to be a fun and safe experience.

Comment

The only reason you have to show your CHL to the cop is to be able to bypass the metal detector. If you get through the detector without issue you should be in the clear, even if you are found to be carrying later.

I would just go to the cop though.

Comment

It is allowed so what law would I be breaking and get caught doing what? Following their own rules?

Does not say ANYWHERE that you have to check in with anyone, let anyone know you are carrying, or enter through any certain gate.
                  So if the metal detector goes off and they find the gun on you, than nothing happens to you is what I'm understanding than.

Comment

concealed is concealed. if they miss it im not sure its up to me to point it out.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

So if the metal detector goes off and they find the gun on you, than nothing happens to you is what I'm understanding than.
                      It shouldn't, as you didn't break the law.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        concealed is concealed. if they miss it im not sure its up to me to point it out.

god bless.
                        what this wigger here said.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

If it goes off and they ask me what I have at that point I will tell them I need to see an officer. It is not visable even with my shirt off, so it is still concealed. No laws were broken so yes, nothing happens to me....

Comment

I went today. The wand didn't go off so I didn't say anything.

Comment

Working...
                            X