ammo storage for Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ammo storage for Moving

So normally i leave my spare ammo in the 50 round boxes they come in.

anyone have a good product that i can just put the 50 round boxes into for easy movement and storage? kinda like the metal ammo tins i have seen for .50 cal stuff?
    any thoughts?
    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post

anyone have a good product that i can just put the 50 round boxes into for easy movement and storage? kinda like the metal ammo tins i have seen for .50 cal stuff?
    any thoughts?
    I have mine in .50 cal cans. It works pretty good for most calibers. They can be had for $9, i think, at canton
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      I have mine in .50 cal cans. It works pretty good for most calibers. They can be had for $9, i think, at canton
      any pics of how many boxes of ammo you can fit in? obviously bigger ammo boxes would fit less in.. just looking for an idea.
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

What calibers are you storing?

Comment

What calibers are you storing?
          9mm
          10mm
          12guage.
          i keep a min of 1k rounds of each caliber on hand
          2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

I have 5.56, 9mm, and .40 I will try and remember to take a look tonight and seeabout how many will fit.

Comment

I have 5.56, 9mm, and .40 I will try and remember to take a look tonight and seeabout how many will fit.
              thanks!
              2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

there are a lot of different size ammo boxes that the mil uses. stop by a local army/navy surplus and they will have different examples. walmart carries a plastic version. you can also get large wooden ammo crates from omahas

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  there are a lot of different size ammo boxes that the mil uses. stop by a local army/navy surplus and they will have different examples. walmart carries a plastic version. you can also get large wooden ammo crates from omahas
                  i might have to take a look.. i wanted something with a handle.. if the SHTF i want to be able to just grab cases and roll.. instead of trying to collect the little boxes of ammo
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

Copes has had good deals on the .30 cal cans from time to time. I got 10 of them for $9 ea the last time they had free shipping. Keep in mind they get heavy real fast if you fill them up. I swear my .50 cal can that is full of .22LR must weigh 40 lbs and the .30 can full of 9mm can't be far behind lol.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                      Copes has had good deals on the .30 cal cans from time to time. I got 10 of them for $9 ea the last time they had free shipping. Keep in mind they get heavy real fast if you fill them up. I swear my .50 cal can that is full of .22LR must weigh 40 lbs and the .30 can full of 9mm can't be far behind lol.
                      im not worried about the weight.. just storage and movability.
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

I keep mine in ammo cans too. I'm sure you can find the dimensions online (.50 cal is the most common I see), then just measure your boxes to determine how many you can fit.

I have also seen the plastic ones for pretty cheap at Academy that appear to be the same size as the .50 cal for pretty cheap. Not sure on durability though. The cans I have I got while in the Army and they have held up without issue for the 18 years I have had them.

Comment

Comment

I'll PM you my address, just ship me the 9, 380, and 5.56 and i'll make sure it's properly disposed of

Comment

i might have to take a look.. i wanted something with a handle.. if the SHTF i want to be able to just grab cases and roll.. instead of trying to collect the little boxes of ammo
                              any pics of how many boxes of ammo you can fit in? obviously bigger ammo boxes would fit less in.. just looking for an idea.
                              The .50 and .30 cal boxes should be just what you are looking for. Here are just a few boxes I have partially filled with different kinds of ammo brands to give an idea how it might work for you. The more filled boxes I have tend to have the same brand of ammo and all FMJ. I'm probably going to wind up ditching the boxes and just dumping the ammo into the ammo cans to conserve space. Have you thought about the same?

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                              Have you ever meet White_lightning before? He would probably left full ammo cans just to keep his muscles warm before a work out

im not worried about the weight.. just storage and movability.
                              I would also suggest adding something to control moisture in the ammo cans. I tend to save all the little silica gel and dessicant packs I get with electronic products and drop them in my ammo cans but I can't say I've ever had any problem before doing so.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I keep mine in ammo cans too. I'm sure you can find the dimensions online (.50 cal is the most common I see), then just measure your boxes to determine how many you can fit.

I have also seen the plastic ones for pretty cheap at Academy that appear to be the same size as the .50 cal for pretty cheap. Not sure on durability though. The cans I have I got while in the Army and they have held up without issue for the 18 years I have had them.
                              I have some ammo cans from my dad that are probably close to 50 years old and I can't tell the difference between those and the ones I bought close to ten years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X