corrupt hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corrupt hard drive

My spare hard drive just crashed.I have all of second copy of all of my backed up music but not movies. What can I do to salvage them? I was "backing" up a new DVD and walked away when I got back nothing.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

put it in the freezer for a couple hours, then put it back in and try to copy as much data off of it as you can before it dies again.
    01 Turbo Miata
    96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

I can feel it spinning but when I try to access it asks me to format it.

Comment

Download and install the free Easeus Data Recovery Software.
        Create a folder on your computer that will be easy to find and name it iomegafiles.

Start the Easeus Data Recovery Program and Run the Data Recovery Wizard. Choose the "RAW file recovery" option.
        When the files are found, move them all to another location.

Raw File Recovery
        Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition can recover files from cases of deleted, missing / lost files and corrupt or missing drive where file system is severely corrupted or destroyed.

You should use RAW File Recovery option in following cases:
        File system data structures of a drive have suffered serious corruption or overwriting and data recovery software cannot scan such drives.
        Deleted File Recovery, Complete Recovery, Partition Recovery cannot locate missing / lost files and folders.
        Files were deleted "long back" and cannot be identified because of over-writing to file system data structures.
        Recently deleted files are not recovered because of severe fragmentation. This is a common problem in FAT file system drives. RAW file recovery can discover such deleted files and folders from the temporary copies created by the application software and/or the operating system.

RAW File Recovery scans every sector of your storage media for the lost files that you wish to recover and displays them in a tree according to the file type. The software scans the drive in RAW mode and can locate the files without the aid of file system data structures.
        You can get the utility here: http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywi...software.htm#1

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Download and install the free Easeus Data Recovery Software.
          Create a folder on your computer that will be easy to find and name it iomegafiles.

Start the Easeus Data Recovery Program and Run the Data Recovery Wizard. Choose the "RAW file recovery" option.
          When the files are found, move them all to another location.

You can get the utility here: http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywi...software.htm#1
          Thanks I will start that soon as I get home.

Comment

damn 1gb max.

Comment

Working...
            X