Anyone work for AT&T internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work for AT&T internet?

Trying to find someone to talk to about the internet. We can't get uverse or whatever it's called yet we live in fucking Fort Worth... and we have AT&T internet but it's only 5mb up testing it and barely 1mb down... seeing if I can get a lot better.

If Uverse isn't available then AT&T can only offer DSL and your capped based on the lines. For instance at my house we're limited to a 3MB connection with DSL.

Fios an option?
    If not you'd probably have to go through a cable company...

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
      Trying to find someone to talk to about the internet. We can't get uverse or whatever it's called yet we live in fucking Fort Worth... and we have AT&T internet but it's only 5mb up testing it and barely 1mb down... seeing if I can get a lot better.

Sure it's not 5mb down and 1mb up? Either way, the fastest speed AT&T offers over straight copper is 6meg service, which that depends on distance from central office unless you are on an RT. Which comes out to be around 5mb down and around 768kb up. If you're paying for "elite"(6meg service),that's the best you could do since u-verse is not available in your area. You can pm me your # and I can check it,but it won't be till Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
        Sure it's not 5mb down and 1mb up? Either way, the fastest speed AT&T offers over straight copper is 6meg service, which that depends on distance from central office unless you are on an RT. Which comes out to be around 5mb down and around 768kb up. If you're paying for "elite"(6meg service),that's the best you could do since u-verse is not available in your area. You can pm me your # and I can check it,but it won't be till Monday.
        Yeah 5 down 1 up... I was so fucking out of it when I posted.

Comment

Working...
        X