No announcement yet.

Mini-tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you can buy half your list off eBay, an fittings I shopped summit brand and direct from China (eBay).

Comment

• Id pay the money for atleast russel fittings. There was a guy somewhere that showed all the brands side by side.

Many of the cheaper ones didnt flow as much.

Comment

• I need to adapt stainless hardline to -AN fittings, what's the trick?
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• My car came with braided stainless lines connected to hard lines for the tranny cooler. They use a Ferrell and an AN fitting and you flare the hardline. Summit has them. I would skip summit fittings. I spent 3 wks tying to get them to understand a 8 an fitting is not a 4 an even if the bag says it is a 4. They finally sent me a aeroquip fitting for free.

Comment

• I've had jegs brand leak. Don't get that crap

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Alright now y'all, don't hate on me too much but after adding up all the parts I still need...
              Here, dude, let us all help you. I'm in the same boat with my turbo coupe, deciding what to get and what I don't need.

Needs NOW:

*** from eBay ***
              -8AN fittings
              -8AN line
              AN adapters

*** local diesel exhaust shop ***

build exhaust system

*** you have the parts, there's guys here that can help ***

sump the tank (have sump)
              sensors
              header wrap
              wire it
              electric fans

*** maintenance stuff you were gonna have to do ***

TB cable
              hoses, fittings and adapters
              brake lines and rebuild rear brakes

*** crap you don't need right now ***

plumb intercooler
              BOV
              driveshaft
              3.73's swapped to 3.27's
              body work
              paint
              rear seat narrowed

The short story is that you could pick up an intercooler kit and use the kit's elbows, a bit of straight tubing and the silicon couplers to plumb it from turbo to intake. Run it/tune it for 9psi and you can have it rolling without the rest. Once it's running, there stands to be a HUGE chance that you'll suddenly find money for the other stuff (MOTIVATION! ).

I need injectors and an intake for mine. That'll be enough to get fired up. I feel your pain but you gotta go SEB and power out of it!
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Haha! A lot of the parts I already have. I can agree with you on the gears, although I have some used 3.27's sitting here. After I had Brooks narrow the rear, I just stuck it all back together to roll the car around. It needs to be pulled, complete welding spring pads in and toss the rebuild parts in (sitting on the shelf)

Intercooler piping and couplers are sitting here too, just need to cut holes in the fender aprons to pass them through. Then I need to pick up a BOV (economy style).

My trans is the v6 version with electronic speedo output so I need to source a mechanical style output shaft before I button it up. Driveshaft needs shortened vs getting a new one.

I'm going to look into running some of the solid chassis fuel lines I already have. I have a nice 3/8" Stainless tank to engine line form fitted for the car. I also have a spool of 1/2" line. Sump is sitting on the shelf. Both sump and pump are 1/2" fittings.

Question: I have one of the Mallory canister fuel filters but it's designed for a carb motor. Can I still use it but as a pre-pump filter? Is there a suitable substitute that I can use that isn't stupid expensive?
                Last edited by Z06killinsbf; 02-24-2015, 04:03 PM.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• You are on the home strech. Think about where i am at. I would be happy as hell to be in your position.

Id say start tackling one thing at a time and completing it. It seems like you have few things that where started and not finished. Itll make that long list shorter in no time.

Comment

• Ya I agree, I need to finish some stuff up

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I have faith in you man

Comment

• Homealone hooked it up with the filter adapter. You're one cool dude, thanks man!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• One of my exhaust manifolds is cracked and instead of investing any more money into, what I consider undesirable manifolds, I folded and sprung for a set of Hedman shorties that I'm told should be a close fit. So any turbo plumbing is on hold, time to knock out some of the other projects on my list!!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Decided to pull the motor, clean and paint. It's getting new gaskets, seals, paint etc.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Nice.

That car is going to fly with 500 rwhp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                                Nice.

That car is going to fly with 500 rwhp.
                                Thanks, I hope it holds together. I found out my block is actually a D8 302, 1978 Lincoln service block. People compare them to the Mexican blocks. That's a big surprise to me!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                                X