need a cc gun for my ankle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a cc gun for my ankle

im wanting to replace my s&w bodyguard .38 that i cc on my ankle with a semi auto pistol that i can cc on my ankle also. i have an xd40sc that i carry on my hip. there are times when i am not able to comfortably carry my xd on my hip due to the clothes i wear, and i've really enjoyed being able to carry my bodyguard on my ankle. i dont know much about smaller semi-auto pistols that would fit the criteria im looking for, so im asking for suggestions please. i'd prefer to stay with a 9mm pistol, but will go with a .380 if i have to as i know that's the more common caliber size in the tiny pistols.

i've heard MANY people suggest a kel-tec, but not specify which model and caliber. i was also considering the s&w bodyguard .380, but im not too sure if im fond of the looooong trigger pull or not (although i've yet to even handle one). but i am open to other options besides the kel-tec as long as they do what im looking for. so suggestions please

Any of the Khar line of products. I have their CW9 and love it. 9mm in a semi with just at or under an inch width throughout.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Ruger LCP small and light .380... Would be easy to carry on the ankle or in a pocket. Can be had for under $300

Comment

Desert Eagle .50 AE
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
          Ruger LCP small and light .380... Would be easy to carry on the ankle or in a pocket. Can be had for under $300
          I forgot all about the LCP and I just had mine out a few hours ago. Good little get off me gun.

Comment

The Ruger LCP is really a good gun for the size/money. I really want one that's clear plastic framed, so I can paint it like a squirt gun.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              The Ruger LCP is really a good gun for the size/money. I really want one that's clear plastic framed, so I can paint it like a squirt gun.
              That's.....good shit.
              Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

I had a Kahr PM9, great guns, miss it all the time

Comment

I occasionally carry my Glock 26 on my ankle. Not too uncomfortable and still hides easily as long as the pant leg isn't the least bit tight. Not talking bell bottom loose either.

edit:

I should note that I wear lace/zip up boots when I carry it there.
                  كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                  Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                  Originally posted by Trick Pony
                  ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

A S&W Centennial Airweight would't be a bad choice, either.
                    Last edited by YALE; 12-29-2010, 08:00 PM.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

There is a airweight and keltec 380 over on lonestar jeep right now. I had a keltec 9 and it was to much round for the frame.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

In honor of this thread, I shot my Khar CW9 9mm today and took the LCP out also but left the damn .380 ammo at home.

Comment

I like my Bersa .380...to bad I can't find any ammo for it but good thing I stocked up before the Obama scare. I thought about getting an ankle holster and see how that works. For now I just slip it in my front pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            I like my Bersa .380...to bad[sic] I can't find any ammo for it but good thing I stocked up before the Obama scare. I thought about getting an ankle holster and see how that works. For now I just slip it in my front pocket.
                            Not even on the internet?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I haven't looked online. Mainly just on the shelves at Walmart, Academy, Bass Pro. I'll get more serious once I start to get a little low on reserves.

Comment

Working...
                              X