X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove Split Season

Was good, limited out today.

My boy putting in work.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Nice man. Where at? When does dove season end?

Comment

Nice kill stick, and good dog.

Comment

cool pics.

Comment

We are still scrappin. Just not many birds for us this year.
          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
            Nice man. Where at? When does dove season end?
            Hico and Jan 9th

My dove hunts in September where horrible. I'm damn glad i decided to not go out New Years Eve and go hunt. Getting up a at 3:30 and driving 2 hours sucked but i limited out, haven't done that in a while. So many birds i could of limited out twice fairly easy.
            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
              We are still scrappin. Just not many birds for us this year.
              That was the story for me all season too. All day the dove weren't flying and after 4 birds and 3pm i almost packed it up. We decided to go to the big pound on the backside and they started coming. Man it was fun, i'm trying to reload, pick up my down bird and shoot more. Couldn't shoot fast enough, they where in front of me, beside me, behind me. It was one hell of a sight.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                Hico and Jan 9th

My dove hunts in September where horrible. I'm damn glad i decided to not go out New Years Eve and go hunt. Getting up a at 3:30 and driving 2 hours sucked but i limited out, haven't done that in a while. So many birds i could of limited out twice fairly easy.
                Yeah. I've never been impressed with the September hunts in Erath and Hamilton Counties, but the winter hunt is always the tits. Shit, half the time it's sunny and in the high 60's. Your beer doesn't even get hot.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Digging the second pic.
                  I have a friend with some land in Hico, pretty country!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    Digging the second pic.
                    Having grown up in Dallas, the Cross Timbers when I first moved there was like the gateway to God's country. He lives down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Yeah. I've never been impressed with the September hunts in Erath and Hamilton Counties, but the winter hunt is always the tits. Shit, half the time it's sunny and in the high 60's. Your beer doesn't even get hot.
                      Yesterday the high there was in the low 40's. Beer definitely stayed cold but so did I. At on point when the action was hot I ran out of shells. I ran w/ my shotgun in hand over 300 yards back to the truck. Time I get there I'm dying of thirst. I chug a ice cold beer, grabed my shells and ran all the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                        Digging the second pic.
                        I'm real proud of him. He a damn good job being his first hunt and only 6 months old.

Comment

Yesterday the high there was in the low 40's. Beer definitely stayed cold but so did I. At on point when the action was hot I ran out of shells. I ran w/ my shotgun in hand over 300 yards back to the truck. Time I get there I'm dying of thirst. I chug a ice cold beer, grabed my shells and ran all the way back.
                          This thread makes me miss, but really appreciate my time in Stephenville. Many thanks.

Comment

Hico and Jan 9th

Thanks man. +1 on the good pic of the pup. Nice limit! Hahaha damn you were waking up to go hunt just as I was going to bed

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              This thread makes me miss, but really appreciate my time in Stephenville. Many thanks.
                              I love it out there. Drive though Stephenville, stop at the Hard 8 for great bbq and pretty waitresses. Keep driving down 281 to beautiful open Texas country. Eat breakfast at the old Koffee Kup Kafe in Hico on the way out. Been doing that twice a year for the past 4 years. I would live down there if i could.

Comment

Working...
                              X