Dove Split Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where i go btw.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
      This is where i go btw.

http://www.flyingpoutdoors.com/
      Nice. I used to hunt this place because I was friends with the ranch manager: http://mooreranch.com/Welcome.html
      They'd let us shoot anything they didn't charge for, some management deer, and they'd let us catch all the catfish we wanted out of that big ass private lake they have. The owner is a complete dildo, though.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Nice. I used to hunt this place because I was friends with the ranch manager: http://mooreranch.com/Welcome.html
        They'd let us shoot anything they didn't charge for, some management deer, and they'd let us catch all the catfish we wanted out of that big ass private lake they have. The owner is a complete dildo, though.
        Sounds like where I go. Im good friends w/ the ranch manager, Bobby. If I run across quail, chucker or pheasant, which they plant, no charge. But Denny the owner is an old drunk ass. On the 4k acres, they have a private lake too. That's where I shot all those doves late yesterday evening. Never fished it though. The owners house which sits by it is a 6k square foot home. Bobby the ranch mgr was telling me he's about to start up his own place. Where he goes, I'll go.
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Guess we are gonna go out tomorrow and try it again.
          Photobucket

Comment

Dove wrapped in jalepeno and cream cheese is awesome, but alot of work. I guess it's considered fun for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Dove wrapped in jalepeno and cream cheese is awesome, but alot of work. I guess it's considered fun for some.
              You forgot the bacon. And I have discovered that if you use pickled jalepenos (natcho peppers), its much better.
              Photobucket

Comment

How did I forget the bacon, gotta keep the japs close some how. We've always used homegrown jalepenos, but I can see how pickles would make a better breast. Mmm, makin' me hungry...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                  Guess we are gonna go out tomorrow and try it again.
                  Good luck and where at? I remember you telling that you hunt in Turkey. I shot a few white wings the size if NY pigeons up there last year.

Comment

Glad some birds are flying for some one. This has been the worst year I have had in a long time for hunting ducks and dove. My dog is pissed.

Comment

I heading out this weekend, we've been scouting a place and we've seen 40-50 birds an evening so it should keep us entertained.
                      Last edited by Pewter Y2K Z28; 01-04-2011, 07:36 AM.
                      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                        Good luck and where at? I remember you telling that you hunt in Turkey. I shot a few white wings the size if NY pigeons up there last year.
                        Usually hunt mulies and quail in Turkey. We have a lease out in Krum this year for dove. It has been pretty damn poor too. We just got in from a hunt and 3 of us ended up with 2 dove. Dont get me wrong. There were some dove, not many, but they didnt get close enough to shoot. Thinking about trying it one more time thursday.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                        X