Bar and grill car meet friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar and grill car meet friendly?

I would like a recommendation from you guys.
    Name a few Bar and Grill type establishments around the metroplex that would be a good place to have a GTG.
    Plenty of parking and alcohol sales are a must.
    Decent food would be helpful.
    Thanks.

Keller’s is great, but last time I was there on a Saturday night they were a bunch of dicks. Manager got mad and said “if you’re not buying our beer you can leave” and turned of the back parking lot lights.
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
      Keller’s is great, but last time I was there on a Saturday night they were a bunch of dicks. Manager got mad and said “if you’re not buying our beer you can leave” and turned of the back parking lot lights.
      I'm tying this in with a conversation on FB for a pre-Power Tour GTG for the DFW types.
      More than likely early afternoon into evening, don't need a bunch of dicks around.

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
        Did you bring your own beer to Keller's?

Comment

Yeah, there's not a bar & grill in existence that want to loan out their parking lot for free. You're going to need to make sure folk go in and buy drinks/food to keep the establishment happy.

Comment

No Frills in Arlington does a great job for car meets.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              No Frills in Arlington does a great job for car meets.
              ^ No Frills in Arlington off 30, Every Thursday at 7PM. Usually, inside for a bit then hang out for awhile.
              17' Coyote | MGW | BMR | STEEDA | STAINLESS WORKS | E85 TUNED |

Comment

Good call.
                No Frills is in my territory and we eat lunch there once in a while. I forgot there is actually stuff going on there once in a while.
                Just don't stay too late. Things are getting a bit more shady over there.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                  Good call.
                  No Frills is in my territory and we eat lunch there once in a while. I forgot there is actually stuff going on there once in a while.
                  Just don't stay too late. Things are getting a bit more shady over there.
                  That place has got to be in the running for worst food in Arlington, though, unless it has changed drastically in the past 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    That place has got to be in the running for worst food in Arlington, though, unless it has changed drastically in the past 2 years.
                    It is not THE worst food. Burgers are OK, patty melt is pretty tasty.

Comment

I know you said Arlington, But after looking at the grill of Keller's on Harry Hines I'm surprised more people haven't got lockjaw from the tetanus getting scraped off of it

Comment

Hideaway at Preston and Belt line. Lots of parking. Pretty good food. Centrally located.
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

It's bar food, not great but not horrible either. I'd rank it between Sonic and Hooters.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            It's bar food, not great but not horrible either. I'd rank it between Sonic and Hooters.
                            The few times I've eaten there it's been nasty. Better thanSonic, though. I'll give you that.

Comment

The Back Nine in Addison has always catered to car groups, they have regular meets for clubs, a ton of parking in the back. Just call and talk to one of the managers.

Comment

Working...
                              X