The mass exodus from dwfs still makes me laugh to this day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    The old site was dfwstangs.net It was owned by 2 dudes, or so we thought. Then one dude (Chris) decided to sell it to autoguide.com without letting the other dude (Evil Jose, our favorite moderator) know. Autoguide started popping up advertising everywhere, some cum bubble whose name escapes me comes and tries to make nice nice, everyone lost their shit and started doing everything they could to make it a hell hole, a shit load of people got themselves benned on purpose, then Tyler and Kyle mirrored the site and we all came over to dfwmustangs.net. Then facebook fucked it up for everybody we lost a lot of daily members because of facebook. Then some dumb fucks made Talisman leave and now we are down to about 1/3 of the amount of content as there was when this itteration of the site was created. I may have fucked some of that up, but you get the gist.,
    Nailed it

Comment

The old site was dfwstangs.net It was owned by 2 dudes, or so we thought. Then one dude (Chris) decided to sell it to autoguide.com without letting the other dude (Evil Jose, our favorite moderator) know. Autoguide started popping up advertising everywhere, some cum bubble whose name escapes me comes and tries to make nice nice, everyone lost their shit and started doing everything they could to make it a hell hole, a shit load of people got themselves benned on purpose, then Tyler and Kyle mirrored the site and we all came over to dfwmustangs.net. Then facebook fucked it up for everybody we lost a lot of daily members because of facebook. Then some dumb fucks made Talisman leave and now we are down to about 1/3 of the amount of content as there was when this itteration of the site was created. I may have fucked some of that up, but you get the gist.,
      And then photobucket screwed EVERY forum on the interwebs.
      Came for the tech, stayed for the attitudes.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        And then photobucket screwed EVERY forum on the interwebs.
        Came for the tech, stayed for the attitudes.
        Amen

Comment

I think Brad's favorite maple logger was named Phil.

Comment

Thanks for the cliffs. I remember not being sure which site to join when I first moved here. But, I guess my spider senses picked the right one.

There's plenty of laughs, that's why I keep coming back.

Get the plugin for Photobucket, then no fucks will be given!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              I think Brad's favorite maple logger was named Phil.
              You nailed it bub!

Comment

It was funny, but it seemed like an overreaction. I think it actually ended up killing that jetfast guy. He had a heart attack from the stress and died at his keyboard.
                WH

Comment

I was actually one of the dumbfucks that was glad Talisman left. I use to find him funny, but then he just had to verbally assault anyone at his whim. Most people were defenseless against him as he is very intelligent and great with words, but I think he used this board as his anger outlet for a very unhappy personal life. I will admit some people did deserve the verbal beating. Now I never met the guy in person, I only knew him through 10 plus years of this messageboard.

I will admit that I thought him leaving would help the board grow, which I will admit now, I was wrong, but I'm pretty sure in the fact that he chased a good amount of the then current and potential membership.

Comment

Show us on the doll where he touched you.

Comment

Show us on the doll where he touched you.
                      That's the problem, he didn't!!!!

Comment

I miss Talisman. Enjoyed many of his posts. It did get a bit old when him and, I think it was trublu, used to get into it back and forth repeatedly.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I remember that fateful day. I was laughing so hard and trying to explain it to people at my work but they didn't understand. This group is like family, odd f-d up mostly Hispanic family. I too wish Facebook hadn't killed forums. Most of the FB car groups I'm in suck. I just joined a ranger specific group and its a damn train wreck. literally 4 or 5 of them wrecked their trucks this last week.

I've been a member of this site for longer than both of my marriages combined.

Comment

I miss Eric and some of his posts, but he was brutal. Like most, a much nicer guy in person. Most people I have met on here are very good peeps, minus Steve. That guy...
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Whats funny is that Iv done side work for most of the "assholes" on the board and they were all great in person. I forget what his screen name was but the guy who started the thread asking someone to drive to vegas or some shit and pic up his numbers matching hemi cuda then got called out on it. Yeah that guy, he dropped off his dads square body Chevy pickup for an entire ac system installed(someone had done a stage 3 weight reduction). He had the truck towed to my house in Benbrook from Rockwall. I did $1800 worth of work, parked it in the driveway and put the key to it under the mat. I told him to leave the cash under the mat. Came home and there was $1900 under the mat. I expected to get ripped off but nope. Iv done work for Seb, JKD, Pattymelt, and several others and all of them were good customers.

Comment

Great stuff .. Taliwacker led the charge it was awesome

Miss Eric, sure he lurks

Comment

Working...
                                X