No announcement yet.

Anyone else dread Christmas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know who doesn’t enjoy Christmas. Scrooge and Grinch. I have 2 young sons and can’t wait for their enjoyment of it all. I don’t however enjoy the enlaws. There is always drama.

CN

Comment

It used to be it was all about the season, but as my kids grew up and I started going to more family events, it started to suck. To many people, kids screaming and crying, drama.

Now I just have a nice rib roast dinner at the house with my kids and wife, maybe my mom and it's a great time. We then exchange gifts and then we play Monopoly with real money ($30.ish per) and pay 1st and 2nd, its real cut throat watching everyone jockey for position and getting mad (during the game) and then we just hang out and enjoy the evening...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Fuck Christmas.

Comment

It’s alright not having kids kinda makes me not care about it. Love listening to all the bs ers brag about all the shit they got though! The Chinese love xmas in America so do all the retailers!!! Spend it up

Comment

I like Christmas, but like others, I dread the constant shuffle between my family and my wife’s family. One side always ends up complaining that we spent more time with the other side...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              Fuck Christmas.
              x2

I actually volunteer to work every year so my guys can have off and I like my wifes family. At one point it appeared we had gone over board buying gifts. Not anyone in either family is broke and needs gifts. We all buy whatever we want, when ever we want sort of. So dropping 2k on shit every year that someone may or may not want was ridiculous. My wife put her foot down this year and told every one we had a fifty dollar limit and if they wanted to spend more it was on them.

Also had a friend that just had to buy us and other friends something every year. Drove us nuts as we just want to hang out, drink a little, and tell war stories. I think we may have broke him also. The worst part is we had Amazon lists and he was a giant secret to buy for. Buys any thing he wants also.

Just a money grab. Me and the other guy joke every year for birthdays and Christmas. Him "Hey I bought you the same thing I bought last year". Me "fits fucking perfect and looks great". Big fat nothing!
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The true meaning of Christmas was lost years ago by most people. It's not about gifts. As silly as it sounds, Linus really explains what Christmas is about..
                Linus explains what Christmas is all about from From A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

Personally I dread it. Tomorrow would have been my brothers birthday. His birthday always signaled the countdown to Christmas growing up. Kind of the "10 days of Christmas thing". I try to do some extra nice things for people this time of year, to get me in the "spirit". But December 15th is a tough day, just puts a damper on things for me.
                Last edited by dcs13; 12-14-2017, 06:52 PM. Reason: added

Comment

It's just another day to me.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Never have liked Christmas. Split parents who refused to get along, and one that had to have her own Christmas with Santa and all the bullshit, early, since I was with the other parent that year. I always volunteered to work before/after to avoid traveling to family gatherings.

Now that I'm married, I like the wife's family, and the kids have a great time. It's cool to watch. They do a large family Christmas eve party, that I may skip this year, since everyone is upset about something.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I prefer Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. That said I have nothing but good things to say about Christmas too. All holidays are good.

Comment

I love christmas. We don't really have family drama and most people are close by. It's gotten even better since having a kid as well.

I don't buy gifts if I don't want to, but it's not like were hurting when we do. I don't think I've ever actually totaled what we spend because it's never been that big of a deal. We typically just buy whatever we want when we want so we try to make Christmas more about random fun stuff that maybe we don't think of.

Like dcs13, I lost a brother in mid December...but over the years it's gotten easier. I lost my pup this year so that'll make some parts a little sad, but nothing too bad.

I think the best part for me is that I try to actually stay away from work. I work a lot...so when the end of the year comes I actually get to slow down because everyone else is out of office as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          The older I get, the more I enjoy it. It's been a very tough month or so for us. Just a lot going on. We took in a teenager who has a tough home situation, and it may turn permanent, which I'm totally cool with. But there are lots of topics being avoided in conversation, as we're trying to be sensitive to his situation. The whole mood around the house is just awkward, everyone on eggshells. So I'm looking forward to the downtime, family time, and hopefully lots of fun.
                          Respect homie!!!! selfless act like this, esp. concerning kids hold a special place in my heart.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                          X