Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever hit a healthy lottery jackpot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever hit a healthy lottery jackpot?

What's the most anyone has won on the lottery? Whether scratch off tickets or one of the lotto drawings?

Best I've ever done was $100 on a "weekly grand" ticket probably 15 years ago. I NEVER buy scratch off tickets and I drop $20 on one of the lotto drawings maybe 4-8 times a year.

When I was managing that fiesta in Pleasant Grove me and another manager who are friends would have these fucked up competitions against each other. To see who can win the most off lottery ticket scratch off‘s. I kid you not I swear to god we would spend $300 to $400 per day ea. five days a week at that scratch off machine. We would buy entire rolls sometimes if we decide to go half. Long story short I’ve personally have won $500 several times. now that other dude that I was telling you about he scratched a $25,000 winner right right in front of me.

I don’t play anywhere near the level are used to nowadays. Maybe it’s because I’m not around a machine 24 seven. But when I do play I just stick to the
    $5 $10 and $20 tickets. But lately I’ll be honest no matter how much I spend all I can win is five dollars and $10 that fucking lotto seems to have lockjaw nowadays
    Last edited by soap; 02-11-2019, 12:51 PM.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I know a lot of people that play and few that play daily, I've never heard of anyone I know win more than a few hundred dollars in scratch offs and no one has hit more than 3 -4 numbers.
      Back when the Lotto first started in Texas in the mid 90's I think I hit 4 numbers on the Saturday lotto and won $350.00.
      Now I haven't played in years and don't care too, I know a SCAMOLA when I see one...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I might buy a couple dollars worth of quick pics when it gets into the 500 million plus range so I don't ever win anything, my wife's office won 10k a few years ago.

Comment

I worked with a guy whose wife won a 50K jackpot...he said it didnt come close to covering what she spends on the scratchers though...

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            When I was managing that fiesta in Pleasant Grove me and another manager who are friends would have these fucked up competitions against each other. To see who can win the most off lottery ticket scratch off‘s. I kid you not I swear to god we would spend $300 to $400 per day ea. five days a week at that scratch off machine. We would buy entire rolls sometimes if we decide to go half. Long story short I’ve personally have won $500 several times. now that other dude that I was telling you about he scratched a $25,000 winner right right in front of me.

I don’t play anywhere near the level are used to nowadays. Maybe it’s because I’m not around a machine 24 seven. But when I do play I just stick to the
            $5 $10 and $20 tickets. But lately I’ll be honest no matter how much I spend all I can win is five dollars and $10 that fucking lotto seems to have lockjaw nowadays
            You were spending 2k a week on scratchers? I need to go manage a Fiesta
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              You were spending 2k a week on scratchers? I need to go manage a Fiesta
              Complete this cliche:

"The lottery is a tax on _________ people."

Comment

I hit 4 once, got like 300 bucks.

My brother in law's best friend is an estate attorney, and he plays every lotto drawing. I asked if he knew the odds, he said he was fully aware, but has several clients that have won, and he wants to be one of them.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

we won $25 bucks one time on a $5 scratch off. Every now and then I'll take an office pool when the megamillions gets up there but so far have won a few bucks.

Comment

A coworker gave me a $1 scratcher once, and I thought I won $3,000. Once I looked closer at the fine print on the back I realized it was a prank ticket.

Comment

I've never won anything big but I always buy when our office does a pool. No way I'm gonna be the only one stuck at this damn office when they win, lol.
                      Originally posted by Nash B.
                      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

The only time I play scratch offs is when I get them at Christmas parties and such. When Mega Millions gets stupid high, once or twice a year, I’ll drop a $20.

I work with a guy who plays probably daily. He and his wife both. They win, and have won as much as $25k, but I bet it doesn’t even scratch the surface compared to what they spend. They’re broke as shit, always.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

i play the same numbers for the regular texas lotto every wednesday and saturday drawing, and have been doing so for nearly four years. add one power ball quick pick to make it and even ten dollars.

i am not a winner yet. you add it up and the math hurts my soul, but fuck it.

Comment

a guy I used to go to high school with won the pick 5 years ago...think they got like 1.3 million

they blew it all within a couple of years I believe

Comment

My wife won $50 bucks on a scratcher once. We buy a few tickets when the huge jackpots roll around. Guy I used to work with won $2,000,000.00, does not have any of the cash any more but he does have assets. He built a bad ass house for cash on property his family already owned and paid off all of his and his wife's vehicles, boat, student loans, credit cards. So he isn't doing to bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X