DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:54 AM   #41
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
That would work if they didn't have 10 million different numbers to call you from. And they use 'em all. There are people who don't have this problem, at least not to the extent that we do. The ol lady hardly gets any spam calls.
Works fine for me, every time I get a variant of those numbers I simply donít answer it and block it immediately. Probably get 4 or 5 max on a bad day which isnít very often, or at least not like it used to be.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:44 AM   #42
Broncojohnny
Lifer

I answer every one of them and waste their time as much as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #43
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche

Quote:
That would work if they didn't have 10 million different numbers to call you from. And they use 'em all. There are people who don't have this problem, at least not to the extent that we do. The ol lady hardly gets any spam calls.

I think you're a decade out of date. If memory serves, you have to go back and update it from time to time. Can't remember... think it was every 2 years. Someone else will know. Even if not there's not telling what all they've done to that system in 14 years. I'd go back and update it just on that alone.
I didn't see a way to do that, it just says I'm on the list.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #44
LS1Goat
Lifer

Quote:
I think you're a decade out of date. If memory serves, you have to go back and update it from time to time. Can't remember... think it was every 2 years. Someone else will know. Even if not there's not telling what all they've done to that system in 14 years. I'd go back and update it just on that alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
I didn't see a way to do that, it just says I'm on the list.

How long does my phone number stay registered?

Telephone numbers on the Registry donít expire. We only remove your number when itís disconnected and reassigned, unless you ask us to remove it.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...try#reregister
LS1Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:58 AM   #45
IHaveAMustang
RIP DFWstangs.net

Also never post your phone number in clear text on forum sites, craigslist ads, etc...

Bots screen scrape digits and then call you.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #46
cool cat
Lifer

Just received a call about student loans on my desk phone at work. Once the live person got on the line I asked "Can I please have your account number", which confused the person on the other end. She then told me that I called her, she didn't call me, and wanted to know how long I've had the phone #. I told her 10 years and my company doesn't hold any student loans. When she asked me my companies name I made up something generic sounding, and she hung up on me.

Needless to say I wasted her time, but I do feel bad for her having to work at a job like that.
cool cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #47
racrguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
Just received a call about student loans on my desk phone at work. Once the live person got on the line I asked "Can I please have your account number", which confused the person on the other end. She then told me that I called her, she didn't call me, and wanted to know how long I've had the phone #. I told her 10 years and my company doesn't hold any student loans. When she asked me my companies name I made up something generic sounding, and she hung up on me.

Needless to say I wasted her time, but I do feel bad for her having to work at a job like that.
Fuck her, she isn't required to work at a company like that. There are other jobs, it's an employee's marketplace out there today.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
al cuckholded nay, al took allnays women, ask nay how al dick taste, nay smashed heather, nay want al p as daddy, naybootycallalswife