Anybody a member of TDSA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody a member of TDSA?

Back in the Canada days, a group of us went and checked out this place and I was impressed but at the time I really couldn't afford it. Now I find myself wanting to shoot more regularly but I really don't care for public ranges as they tend to be crowded and I sometimes don't like the crowd or the rules. So I'm looking back into TDSA again and I was wondering if there is anybody here that is a member and what they thought of it.

Texas Defensive Shooting Academy is a gun range with tactical bays and rifle ranges. Shooting classes and shooting competitions available.

This is the place I was talking to you about on FB.

Overall it's a decent place, it just sucks when it's rained.

I did my carbine class out there with the retired Euless PD guy. He wasn't exactly sure of all the rules, which are found here:

I'd like some clarification on everything though.

From what I gathered, he was saying the large area out back was just reserved for Len, but I'm not sure. TDSA is $350/yr and there's an add on:
    One steel plate rack bay for .22 caliber pistol & rifle (Semi-enclosed shooting)-$50
    So that would take it to roughly $400/yr. I'd like to know exactly how much run of the place we'd have though. Looks like range orientation and tours are on Saturdays from 9-10. If anyone is interested, I'd be game for going back down there to meet with Len.

Comment

len is a dbag, the range is nice though. think hes expanded even more since i was a member

Comment

I had a membership for three years but haven't renewed just yet. I missed several months for a couple of years due to rain so I held off this year. He needs to black top some of the closer ranges and put in walkways. Other than that the actual range itself is great. He is funny and very opinionated. He will tell you to pack yo shit with a quickness if you violate the rules.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ya Geoff, it was that conersation with you that had me thinking about it again. I'd be game for a visit there as well.

For those of you who were members there, would you say it was worth the cost?? From what GE was saying, at $350+$50=$400 a year, that's roughly $35 a month. That's two range visits a month for me, 30 minute drive one way, and I like the fact that I'd likely have the range to myself, so IMO it seems worth it.

Comment

I like ETTS, but that place can get bizzay.

Comment

Wait before you pull the trigger, pun intended. My buddy's range should be open in the next month or so. The range sits on 44 acres in mesquite, and he will let you pretty much do anything. Pistol, long range, 100, 300, 600yrds, skeet, etc. There will be a pivilion, alachol etc.

Comment

I would be down for checking them out again. Like to know more on the rules, what would be need for targets and things. I was thinking of maybe checking it out again in the fall after the summer heat.
                1986 Mustang Coupe 5.0 S/C
                2006 Mustang GT Stock
                1991 Mustang Gt GT-40p's Explorer Intake

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Ya Geoff, it was that conersation with you that had me thinking about it again. I'd be game for a visit there as well.

For those of you who were members there, would you say it was worth the cost?? From what GE was saying, at $350+$50=$400 a year, that's roughly $35 a month. That's two range visits a month for me, 30 minute drive one way, and I like the fact that I'd likely have the range to myself, so IMO it seems worth it.
                  I could re up and you could invite a brother. I got some toys you might like.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                    Wait before you pull the trigger, pun intended. My buddy's range should be open in the next month or so. The range sits on 44 acres in mesquite, and he will let you pretty much do anything. Pistol, long range, 100, 300, 600yrds, skeet, etc. There will be a pivilion, alachol etc.
                    Alcohol and firearms, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                      Any idea what the membership will cost? And alcohol?? Wonder how that is going to work.

Originally posted by must86 View Post
                      I would be down for checking them out again. Like to know more on the rules, what would be need for targets and things. I was thinking of maybe checking it out again in the fall after the summer heat.
                      Jerry! I definitely want to wait until at least the rain has stopped and they've had a chance to dry out. I wonder if we would be allowed to check out a 3 gun match?

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      I could re up and you could invite a brother. I got some toys you might like.

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                        I have seen a lot of sober people have issues with firearms. Yeah lets throw some alcohol into the equation.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          I have seen a lot of sober people have issues with firearms. Yeah lets throw some alcohol into the equation.
                          buddy of mine in Oklahoma goes to a range that has a bar, you cant get into the range from the bar, and they scan your ID at both places, so you can shoot and then go into the bar, but not the other way around.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Can only have Alachol after shooting.

Comment

Jose, don't quote me but I think he said VIP was going to be $400 a year, that includes training, and special events.

Comment

Working...
                              X