range report on my $329 citadel 1911 in 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• range report on my $329 citadel 1911 in 9mm

Picked it up monday on a hot deal from academy. Took it out today and put a 100 rounds thru it right out of the box. 50 rounds brass and 50 rounds tulammo black box steel case. Performed flawlessly, very accurate, and i really like the trigger.

Very nice and a damn good deal. Nothing like a 1911 trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      Very nice and a damn good deal. Nothing like a 1911 trigger.
      Ya it was probably the most accurate i have ever shot. I now see why the 1911 is so popular. I wish it was in .45, but at least 9mm is way cheaper.

Comment

I bought one too for $329.99. They are normally $529.99.
        I posted it in the Deal of The day thread, was wondering if anyone else bought one.
        I only put 4 mags of WWB through mine, but it shot great. I changed the grips and put a slightly extended mag release on as well - both free.

Edit: Just saw you posted in that thread about buying one...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
          Ya it was probably the most accurate i have ever shot. I now see why the 1911 is so popular. I wish it was in .45, but at least 9mm is way cheaper.
          Is this going to be a daily carry or just a range gun?

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          I bought one too for $329.99. They are normally $529.99.
          I posted it in the Deal of The day thread, was wondering if anyone else bought one.
          I only put 4 mags of WWB through mine, but it shot great. I changed the grips and put a slightly extended mag release on as well - both free.

Edit: Just saw you posted in that thread about buying one...
          Wow I missed that! That's a smoking deal!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Got one reserved for me today at 5:30.

According to their inventory system, the Academy in Grapevine shows 1 or 2.

Great deal. If I ever get bored with it, easy resell at $450 - $500

Now...do they sell threaded barrels for it? This would be nice to have my HD 2 can with.

Comment

I bought the same gun at the gun show back in January in 45 and love it. The only difference is that it does not have the white billboard on the side....Thinking now that I would have rather had the 9mm due to the price of 45 ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
                I bought the same gun at the gun show back in January in 45 and love it. The only difference is that it does not have the white billboard on the side....Thinking now that I would have rather had the 9mm due to the price of 45 ammo.
                Well I actually just picked one up at the Academy ~5 min from my house.

I have a Citadel 1911 on hold at the NRH location if you want. It's under "Brian".

Also the North Tarrant Academy is full stocked on all ammunition, rifle and pistol.

Picked up cheap steel cased Monarch (since the reviews are stating no issues) for $10.99/ea.

I like this gun. It's lockup is good, no slide wiggle, everything is smooth, no rough edges. I'm seriously impressed. I just spent $300 on a used police S&W 5903 and I wish I had just bought the Citadel first.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                  Well I actually just picked one up at the Academy ~5 min from my house.

I have a Citadel 1911 on hold at the NRH location if you want. It's under "Brian".

Also the North Tarrant Academy is full stocked on all ammunition, rifle and pistol.

Picked up cheap steel cased Monarch (since the reviews are stating no issues) for $10.99/ea.

I like this gun. It's lockup is good, no slide wiggle, everything is smooth, no rough edges. I'm seriously impressed. I just spent $300 on a used police S&W 5903 and I wish I had just bought the Citadel first.
                  Thanks for the offer. I am getting ready to call to see if there is one on my side of the world and may take you up on it. The cheapest 45 I can find is 18 a box so 11 is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
                    Thanks for the offer. I am getting ready to call to see if there is one on my side of the world and may take you up on it. The cheapest 45 I can find is 18 a box so 11 is awesome.
                    No problem. All the reviews I read stated that it eats every type of 9mm, which is really nice to me. This is going to be abused .

On a side note, my magazines hold 9...not 8. Weird.

Comment

pardon the rookie question but is Citadel quality stuff? Anyone know what the trigger pull # is on that?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        pardon the rookie question but is Citadel quality stuff? Anyone know what the trigger pull # is on that?
                        You did see where it was $325 right?

I think Patrick had one of their 1911 .22's.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

At this price point, you're really getting into the cost of the raw materials and machining. There isn't much room in there for tuning or labor on each of the guns. Usually that means the function and dependability can be hit or miss. If you know guns, and you run into a problem, you can probably address it and get a good shooter. Or, you could get a good one without any issues. As long as the metallurgy is sound and the components are correct, it should be okay.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have a cheap IAC/Tisas Turkish 1911-A1 if anyone wants to buy and test the reliability of a really cheap .45. NIB never fired.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I still have to put a few rounds through my Rock Island kit gun.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X