Taurus PT111 G2 prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus PT111 G2 prices?

What's the going price for these new? Buddy of mine is looking for a gun to keep in his truck and I came across this PT111 on another board for $225 used and it only has one magazine. Good deal? Haggle a little?

Same buddy, I sold him my G22 a few years back when I switched guns/calibers and went to 1911's/45's. Ideally I was suggesting he go with a 23/27 so he's in the same caliber and the same magazine but he's cheap and doesn't want to spend $450'ish for a used one. Also anyone know of any deals on a Glock 23/27?

What are the S&W Shield 40's going for?

They opened an Atwoods in Lake Worth and had them for $199.

Comment

Might have him check with gt distributors to see is they have any in stock and going price.

Jerry
      1986 Mustang Coupe 5.0 S/C
      2006 Mustang GT Stock
      1991 Mustang Gt GT-40p's Explorer Intake

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        They opened an Atwoods in Lake Worth and had them for $199.
        Never heard of them but I'll check it out. Thanks Sean.

Originally posted by must86 View Post
        Might have him check with gt distributors to see is they have any in stock and going price.

Jerry
        Thanks Jerry. I'm guessing you are talking about used Glocks?

Comment

Yes I pickup a used glock 23 a few years ago there.
          1986 Mustang Coupe 5.0 S/C
          2006 Mustang GT Stock
          1991 Mustang Gt GT-40p's Explorer Intake

Comment

Cool. Thanks again Jerry. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Oh, what did you pay for it?

Comment

I was just about to post that. That was where I got mine.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Thanks guys for posting that. I would definitely think there is some room in negotiating this guys asking price of $225 and I'll use that as a comparison.

Scott, is yours a G2 and how do you like it? And size wise, what model Glock is it comparable to? Compact or Subcompact?

Comment

Jose, if you get one, post up a range report.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    Jose, if you get one, post up a range report.
                    Well it's for my buddy but I'm going to "force" him to the gun range and make sure it's functioning properly as his range testing consisting of firing it in the air at New Years And that's if he even gets it. He has issues with following through with things that cost money i.e. he's a cheap bastard and will find a way not to spend money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Well it's for my buddy but I'm going to "force" him to the gun range and make sure it's functioning properly as his range testing consisting of firing it in the air at New Years And that's if he even gets it. He has issues with following through with things that cost money i.e. he's a cheap bastard and will find a way not to spend money.
                      nevermind, don't let him buy any more guns.
                      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                        nevermind, don't let him buy any more guns.
                        That, or tell him if he's going to cheap out then buy something used that is not a Taurus PT series. I'm sure you know, but I believe that generation PT series were notorious for problems and there was a class action against Taurus:

Seems like the fool you're referring to is the one we all read about when the gun accidentally goes off while it's being cleaned, either injuring/killing himself or someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Thanks guys for posting that. I would definitely think there is some room in negotiating this guys asking price of $225 and I'll use that as a comparison.

Scott, is yours a G2 and how do you like it? And size wise, what model Glock is it comparable to? Compact or Subcompact?
                          Mine was a G2. It was stolen along with the other guns when my apartment was broken into. It shot very well for its price, and was comfortable and accurate. I had probably 400-500 rounds through it without a single malfunction.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          That, or tell him if he's going to cheap out then buy something used that is not a Taurus PT series. I'm sure you know, but I believe that generation PT series were notorious for problems and there was a class action against Taurus:

Seems like the fool you're referring to is the one we all read about when the gun accidentally goes off while it's being cleaned, either injuring/killing himself or someone else.
                          That was the Gen 1 pistols. I had a Gen 1 PT145, and it was pretty awful.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

IMO I'd tell him to save another hundred and buy a TP9SF Elite.

Comment

Working...
                            X