No announcement yet.

2 bucks in 2 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you saw the deer go 20 yards after being shot, circle, and then lay down. You waited until dark and instead of going the 20 yards to where you saw it lay down and possibly finishing it with a shot, you go inside the house and call a guy with a dog to find a deer that was 20 yards away? Then you saw it go 200 yards and stop but you can't find it?

Something doesn't add up or you suck at telling what actually happened. I'm still trying to figure out why you would go in the house instead of to where you saw the deer go down 20 yards away. Hope you find it.

Comment

In 4 weeks rifle starts here. I'll be going deer, turkey, and doing some coyote hunting as well this year.

Comment

2 bucks and a cup?
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          So you saw the deer go 20 yards after being shot, circle, and then lay down. You waited until dark and instead of going the 20 yards to where you saw it lay down and possibly finishing it with a shot, you go inside the house and call a guy with a dog to find a deer that was 20 yards away? Then you saw it go 200 yards and stop but you can't find it?

Something doesn't add up or you suck at telling what actually happened. I'm still trying to figure out why you would go in the house instead of to where you saw the deer go down 20 yards away. Hope you find it.
          First off never go straight after a deer that you might even think might be alive. Always give it time even if you are for sure on your shot placement. I called a buddy of mine that I call after every deer taken and he does the same. He was gonna come look at it and ways and asked if he should bring his dog. I said sure it can't hurt. I followed blood and chunks for 200 yards I never seen it past the 20 yards it moved to and bedded down. The reason we give the deer time to die is because they are suck tough creatures and we don't want to bump them and make them get up and run off making it more of a tracking job and more adrenaline runs through their body making the meat a but more stout. Unless you shoot the deer and you see it go down and give that last burst of energy it has (the death kick) then always give it at least 30 minutes to an hour before retrieving the arrow. If there is light pink blood and bubbles that means lung, dark red is normally liver, red red means you possibly wounded it and also if it has a fowl odor to it that normally means gut shot.
          Anyways the deer showed back up last night and ate for a few hours and looks to be doing well.

Comment

You aren't telling me anything I don't know about deer hunting. I've done it for years. Again, I point out the original post said the deer was shot, ran, laid down. Then it got dark (I'm assuming after some time) and instead of going to the deer that was 20 yards away, went inside, called for a dog, etc.

I know the dangers of a wounded animal, but again, the story doesn't make sense as told. I have tracked plenty of wounded deer for others in my hunting party, and have never had to use a dog. We also don't abandon a deer that didn't run far after being shot though, regardless of time. Anyway...

Glad the deer is fine. Hopefully she gets another chance to bring him down.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              You aren't telling me anything I don't know about deer hunting. I've done it for years. Again, I point out the original post said the deer was shot, ran, laid down. Then it got dark (I'm assuming after some time) and instead of going to the deer that was 20 yards away, went inside, called for a dog, etc.

I know the dangers of a wounded animal, but again, the story doesn't make sense as told. I have tracked plenty of wounded deer for others in my hunting party, and have never had to use a dog. We also don't abandon a deer that didn't run far after being shot though, regardless of time. Anyway...

Glad the deer is fine. Hopefully she gets another chance to bring him down.
              40 yards, shot it at 20 and it ran about 20. Like I said it never gave that distinct death kick or gasp it just bedded down, so that is why we snuck inside and my daughter was super jacked and couldn't control her talking.

Comment

If shot with a rifle if you indeed find lung it won't go far. A low brisket shot will do that and you'll find hunks. The deer is deff dead just gotta find it. I lost one two years ago with a ok shot, but didn't pass through so no blood. Ram into about 400 acres of 6 foot tall grass. Looked for 2 months.

Buddie actually found it this year once some cattle got the grass nocked down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  If shot with a rifle if you indeed find lung it won't go far. A low brisket shot will do that and you'll find hunks. The deer is deff dead just gotta find it. I lost one two years ago with a ok shot, but didn't pass through so no blood. Ram into about 400 acres of 6 foot tall grass. Looked for 2 months.

Buddie actually found it this year once some cattle got the grass nocked down.
                  Shot with a crossbow, we don't really use rifles here. The buck she shot showed back up a couple nights ago for a couple of hours and I couldn't see any wounds on it in the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    This should be NSFW. My boss is an animal rights activist. And he was standing behind me I didn’t know he was looking at my phone and saw this and almost fired me. He said something about advocating the murdering of innocent animals is not tolerated by the company.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                      This should be NSFW. My boss is an animal rights activist. And he was standing behind me I didn’t know he was looking at my phone and saw this and almost fired me. He said something about advocating the murdering of innocent animals is not tolerated by the company.
                      You should tell him he's a pussy and find a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                        Just tell him your friend was helping the wounded deer.

Comment

Working...
                        X