Barndo/metal building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barndo/metal building

Who has built a metal building recently? Wondering what the cost is for pad and building.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I just paid $8400 for 30x40 slab. Post tension, 10' pillars, 36" brick ledge, 24" beams.

Comment

Labor and materials?

Do you have any quotes on a building?

Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        I just paid $8400 for 30x40 slab. Post tension, 10' pillars, 36" brick ledge, 24" beams.
        Thats a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Labor and materials?

Do you have any quotes on a building?

Building it my self. Well most of it, I won't do brick. So far I have about $7000 in materials and that should frame out both floors.

Comment

As you prepare to begin your building, be sure to put some thought into the tax ramifications based on style of construction.

As these type buildings/homes become more popular, the tax man is all over 'em when it comes time for appraisals.

Our County (Van Zandt) has several different levels of classifications depending on outward appearance. Originally there were 3 classifications: Levels I, II, III and now I believe they've added IV & V. Level I is a basic steel structure, want windows and doors? that's Level II, add Brick? you're at level III with each level increasing the $$ per square foot in taxation. Add a second level or balcony? $$$, Concrete driveway? $$$....

They've hit us again this year for another $40K increase with no changes from last year when they upped our appraised value by $15K....

Protest? It's waste of time and energy out here... they simply DGAF about anything but increasing the taxes each year.

Keep it kinda' simple and plain looking on the exterior and you'll be better off in the long run from a property tax stand point.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
              As you prepare to begin your building, be sure to put some thought into the tax ramifications based on style of construction.

As these type buildings/homes become more popular, the tax man is all over 'em when it comes time for appraisals.

Our County (Van Zandt) has several different levels of classifications depending on outward appearance. Originally there were 3 classifications: Levels I, II, III and now I believe they've added IV & V. Level I is a basic steel structure, want windows and doors? that's Level II, add Brick? you're at level III with each level increasing the $$ per square foot in taxation. Add a second level or balcony? $$$, Concrete driveway? $$$....

They've hit us again this year for another $40K increase with no changes from last year when they upped our appraised value by $15K....

Protest? It's waste of time and energy out here... they simply DGAF about anything but increasing the taxes each year.

Keep it kinda' simple and plain looking on the exterior and you'll be better off in the long run from a property tax stand point.

mardyn
              Thats awesome advice...thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post

mardyn
                Never thought about that.. thanks for input.. I had planned on a metal building out back with windows and what not but not anymore lol
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Taxes are the new crack, and crackheads always want more crack.

Comment

Anything next to the big cites counties where people are staring to flock, those counties are starting to up their taxes. If you want to build something cheap and light taxes you are going to have to go out further into the country. My buddie for instance is in Wood/Upshur county area just north of Tyler, decent taxes, so far.
                    Last edited by Rick Modena; 05-26-2020, 09:38 AM.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Anything next to the big cites counties where people are staring to flock, those counties are starting to up their taxes. If you want to build something cheap and light taxes you are going to have to go out further into the country. My buddie for instance is in Wood/Upshur county area just north of Tyler, decent taxes, so far.
                      My brother used to live in a double wide with what was basically a roll cage built around it. Not really something I'd want to do but Id consider a 5th wheel for permanent residence if these taxes keep going nuts.

Comment

Codes here is coming down hard on these. I sell barns everyday. I'm doing a 50x100 house right now and some of what they are asking for is so redundant. It's using 8x8 rough cut timbers and codes decided out of nowhere the holes needed to be 5' deep with 1' of concrete in the bottom.

It's all post frame construction here in TN.

Speaking of taxes. Nashville is pushing for a 32% tax increase due to lost revenue from Corona. Town I'm in passed a 42% increase over 3 years last year.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                          Codes here is coming down hard on these. I sell barns everyday. I'm doing a 50x100 house right now and some of what they are asking for is so redundant. It's using 8x8 rough cut timbers and codes decided out of nowhere the holes needed to be 5' deep with 1' of concrete in the bottom.

It's all post frame construction here in TN.

Speaking of taxes. Nashville is pushing for a 32% tax increase due to lost revenue from Corona. Town I'm in passed a 42% increase over 3 years last year.
                          I've got $5 that says they don't drop the taxes back down to pre-COVID rates once the lull is over.

Comment

They dropped hard here in 09. My brother purchased his house in foreclosure late 2010. His taxes were under half of what they were in 07. They are now about 15% more, before that 42% increase we have coming. Him and his wife are looking at moving a county away. North or East if year you'll get a 50+% reduction, for now.

Edit to add, the city I'm in posted a 3% gain in tax collections year over year for April sales tax. And we went up to 9.75% from 9.25 in May!

Comment

Working...
                            X