Man screw eBay!!! i totally got scammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    For a while Amazon kicked their ass, then one day I compared two lists and Ebay destroyed them. I just go back and forth and comparison shop. I get the tax thing. I mean how could local stores compete with no tax and two day delivery. It was nice while it lasted but you know the governments going to get theirs, over and over and over again, but you know.
    This exactly...Ebay is like a blend between aliexpress and amazon now which is great for cheap ass Chinese electronics.

Comment

Fuck eBay! i never got my Apple iPad returned back to me from the buyer and eBay never refunded my seller fee's on the returned item. I totally got scammed. I called eBay but they have an excuse for everything.

Comment

I think 3 out of the last 4 items i sold on eBay had cases open. They claimed items were damaged or not working. On the last one ($400 item), they requested $60 partial refund. I declined and said to send it back for a full refund. The buyer then said he would accept $30 partial refund. I accepted that since it was cheaper to just refund a little money. But it sure made me believe nothing was actually wrong with the item...

I don’t think I’ll sell on there again.

Comment

i lost 1300 bucks years ago selling a high end CAD video card to someone Australia.

No tracking once it leaves the states (my bad for being unaware). They claimed it never showed up, they got their money refunded and i never saw the video card again.

Last time I sold anything on ebay, only buy stuff occasionally now.

Comment

c'mon, this is DFWMustangs. You're supposed to show up on their doorstep.

Comment

Joined eBay/PayPal in 2003 to sell a high-end cassette recorder, the buyer was in England and PayPal was the only easy way I knew of for me to be able to accept a credit card and international payment. The shipment was reported lost by the postal system over there for a couple weeks, but did turn up in the end and was delivered. I have had little to no problems with either over the years, that being said I am pretty much limited to being a buyer via PayPal now and haven't been on eBay in several years.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                "JITB 15 minutes!" "Be there!"

Comment

Fuck Ebay, and Fuck paypal.

Comment

Another vote for the FUCK EBAY crowd.

My wife used my account to sell two sets of home school curriculum. Total for the two sets was just over $400 and eBay charged $55 in seller fees.

I will never sell another item on eBay. Each listing got several dozen lowball offers before we finally accepted reasonable offers. Fuck that site.

Comment

I'm definitely not a fan as a seller. I hadn't used it in so long I had no idea what it was under, and had to end up setting up a new account. After I sold the two items (couple of high-end hand saws) and the buyers paid, ebay informed me they were holding my funds for 3 weeks, just in case. lol. Plus they will not allow me to sell more than $500 in stuff per month.

Luckily both buyers received the items (I did the shipping through ebay / USPS Priority to be sure), and they have both already left positive reviews. Of course, it's kinda hard to say hand saws won't power up!

Oh, and eBay did release my funds earlier, once the buyers posted the feedback, but I still thought it was chicken-shit.. Fees were a little over $40 for $400 sold. One guy paid sales tax (I didn't even know until later) and one didn't have to for his state.

It pisses me off that I'm gonna have to use Facebook again, but that's the only place we consistently sell stuff for decent prices. Hell, I just sold an old gas fire-pit, patio set, and couch today for almost $800. Face to face, one paid via Zelle (I use B of A), one used paypal (F&F) and one paid cash. All three items were just posted this weekend.

I agree with 'fuck selling on eBay'..

Comment

The funny thing was the guy who bought the couch knows The Head, the fire-pit one knows jluv! What a damn coincidence.. lol

Comment

Offer up us a decent alternative to Facebook, but be prepared for some insulting lowballs too
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Offer up us a decent alternative to Facebook, but be prepared for some insulting lowballs too
                            Facebook marketplace makes me realize we're doomed as a society.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              The funny thing was the guy who bought the couch knows The Head, the fire-pit one knows jluv! What a damn coincidence.. lol
                              No shit? Lmao. Who was the fire pit guy?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                                What Would SEB Do?
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X