Guess my HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    People probably won't like this comment, but this is why I just can't ever see building up a 302 or 351 for my 94. That old stuff is just outclassed.
    You will not see 400+ rwhp on your truck 5.0 or a gt motor for that matter - in stock form. You will still have to deal with the possibility of getting screwed by a tuner, mechanic, or machine shop on any motor. Build what you like there’s plenty to debate on all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
      Jetfast ftw

msg him and talk with him...you will find he is by far the best in tuning the eec-iv
      I’m waiting to see how Marcus feels about his after he’s drove it for a while. I’ve heard good things about jet.

Comment

X2 on jet

Actually trying to get my car over to him too

Originally posted by DOHCTR
        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I’m going to resurrect this... in the past year and a half or almost two - I moved the car and all my parts out of the shop I had at my old house and into a new house, had a baby, have another baby due in August, and dealt with a ton of changes at work... I absolutely love being a dad but no one can prepare you for the amount of time they consume. My wife stays home all week and I take care of the baby on weekends while she works.

BUT this past weekend I finally locked myself in the garage and got this POS put back together and fired up. I put the mid length 3” headers on it and need to find a good custom exhaust shop. Then I’ll need a new tune.

Feels good to hear it run again.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
            You will not see 400+ rwhp on your truck 5.0 or a gt motor for that matter - in stock form. You will still have to deal with the possibility of getting screwed by a tuner, mechanic, or machine shop on any motor. Build what you like there’s plenty to debate on all of it.
            Well since you rezzed the thead.
            I wanna talk about this, but then I think it doesn't really matter anymore. In 5 years we'll be looking most stuff starting to go electric. GM says they're doing it, and Ford is conjuring up an electric F150. IC engines are coming to the end of their lifespan. They'll probably have electric mustangs so fast that they just rip the paint off the old cars when they pass them.
            Last edited by Gasser64; 06-04-2019, 01:53 PM.
            WH

Comment

Glad you got it fired up! That's a good feeling. Congrats on surviving parenthood so far.

Comment

Thanks. Being a dad is by far the best thing I’ve ever done.

I’m also very excited to get this car on another dyno with a better tune. First I need to find a good custom exhaust shop in the ennis area if anyone knows one they’d recommend let me know.

Comment

Working...
                X