No announcement yet.

1310 The Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild stuff. Will miss ol Mike. Corby may be hard to handle without him. And if Jake gets paired with him I will be turning off the Ticket from 3-7 lol.

Comment

• End of an era. That guy has skins on the wall for sure.

I’m interested to see what they make out of the afternoon drive show.

Comment

• I was shocked and may have let a little tear escape while watching the video.

Comment

• The bit with the return cut list from his last episode on air was BRILLIANT.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            The bit with the return cut list from his last episode on air was BRILLIANT.
            Wasn’t it!?! Fuckin’ genius. “I’ve Had enough” made me giggle the most.

Comment

• I used to listen back in the day, but like when them and all the other local talking heads started bashing our local teams I quit them, I also hate long as commercials, private jokes and long pauses in live radio.

All that and when Sat radio became available I paid for that and haven't looked back.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I used to listen back in the day, but like when them and all the other local talking heads started bashing our local teams I quit them, I also hate long as commercials, private jokes and long pauses in live radio.

All that and when Sat radio became available I paid for that and haven't looked back.
                FWIW, they've instituted 3 minute commercial breaks in the morning during drive time. That said, I use the SportsDay app and skip through commercials. It's a live feed with a 1 hour lag, so you can fire it up, go to the beginning (one hour back in time) and skip commercials.

It's certainly not a perfect station for everyone (Norm needs to retire), but I've listened for 20 years, and feel like I know these goons, so I listen when I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  FWIW, they've instituted 3 minute commercial breaks in the morning during drive time. That said, I use the SportsDay app and skip through commercials. It's a live feed with a 1 hour lag, so you can fire it up, go to the beginning (one hour back in time) and skip commercials.

It's certainly not a perfect station for everyone (Norm needs to retire), but I've listened for 20 years, and feel like I know these goons, so I listen when I can.
                  Same, I'm an app guy and have listened for the last 23 years, to the point where even if I'm out of town I'll stream it over the app.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    ... (Norm needs to retire)...
                    I think everyone agrees with with...andi hope mike leaving kicks this off.

I'm pretty sure management just thought he was going to pull the plug long ago and he just wont leave.

Comment

private jokes and long pauses in live radio.

It isn't the Russ Martin show, dude... IF there is ever a long pause on the ticket, they're laying out on someone that just said something colossally stupid, or something shocking. And it's pretty funny. Nothing like what Russ Martin gained a reputation for, inside jokes and awkward silence.

Also, local teams deserve bashing.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I used to listen back in the day, but like when them and all the other local talking heads started bashing our local teams I quit them, I also hate long as commercials, private jokes and long pauses in live radio.

The Hardline (Greggo era) did a lot more local team bashing back in the day, compared to recently. They were anti cowboys once Jimmy Johnson was gone, and remained like that for quite some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          The Hardline (Greggo era) did a lot more local team bashing back in the day, compared to recently. They were anti cowboys once Jimmy Johnson was gone, and remained like that for quite some time.
                          Well, and it's not like the Cowboys gave them ANY reason to be anti-Cowboys... AMIRIGHT?
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            It isn't the Russ Martin show, dude... IF there is ever a long pause on the ticket, they're laying out on someone that just said something colossally stupid, or something shocking. And it's pretty funny. Nothing like what Russ Martin gained a reputation for, inside jokes and awkward silence.

Also, local teams deserve bashing.
                            Truth

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              Well, and it's not like the Cowboys gave them ANY reason to be anti-Cowboys... AMIRIGHT?
                              Back then it was about "the greatness of Jimmy". They eventually came around though, even on Switzer.

Comment

• Damn a four year old thread reborn.

It stinks to see the old grey wolf go. I enjoyed listening to his “what’s on mikes mind today” segment.

It was like listening to an old uncle everyday:

And it seems like Jake might be stepping in.

Comment

Working...
                                X