Virginia Governor Declares State Of Emergency Ahead Of Gun Rights Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Governor Declares State Of Emergency Ahead Of Gun Rights Rally

Gov. Ralph Northam said that "there are groups with malicious plans" and raised concerns about a reprise of the white supremacist violence in Charlottesville in 2017.

Fearing potential violence, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is declaring a state of emergency and is banning firearms and other weapons on the Capitol grounds in Richmond ahead of a gun rights demonstration planned for next week.

"We have received credible intelligence from our law enforcement agencies that there are groups with malicious plans for the rally that is planned for Monday," Northam said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

Gun rights supporters are preparing to converge on Richmond for a lobbying day and a rally Monday morning. They're opposed to efforts by Virginia Democrats — who've just taken over control of the Virginia legislature following the November 2019 elections — to pass a slate of gun control bills backed by Northam.

People are pissed.. there are measures also being introduced to disallow dog hunting, selling hunts, recreational shooting, they also want to add ammunition taxes, limit handgun purchases to 1 a month, etc. The SoE is allegedly illegal under VA law, however if true we'll see if that actually matters. Interesting things to come.

Comment

Bringing on the boog? Seems like this is going get crazy fast.

Comment

Hopefully they're working on getting them out of office asap. They need to be fired. Send a message to the other ones, that this is what will happen every time. That you're just committing political suicide to attempt anything like this.
        WH

Comment

I'd really like to see a bunch of people getting shot, I don't care what side.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            I'd really like to see a bunch of people getting shot, I don't care what side.
            go watch HEAT then. the worst thing that could happen at this stage would be a shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              go watch HEAT then. the worst thing that could happen at this stage would be a shooting.

I don't like the actors in heat and I prefer the real world to fiction. I disagree with your assessment that shooting would be bad. I actually anticipate antifa being the ones pulling the trigger and I strongly suspect that the governor is disarming protesters but will be allowing antifa members into the crowd who are armed.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Remember the blm protesters that stormed the Wisconsin capital a couple of years ago? That was 1500 people. This group has 65+ buses chartered and most of them are full already. It's gonna be a busy MLK day in Richmond.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  Not if the right people get shot or lynched on the state capital lawn like our forefathers would have done when this shit first started.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    Not if the right people get shot or lynched on the state capital lawn like our forefathers would have done when this shit first started.
                    Start talking about hanging scum and all the little pussies get all butthurt around here. I think it hurts their sensitive little feelings. They're very little-girlish.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Start talking about hanging scum and all the little pussies get all butthurt around here. I think it hurts their sensitive little feelings. They're very little-girlish.
                      That's the only way any of this stupidity is going to stop. You have to put the fear into these dumbass politicians that rigged the system to get elected. Virginia has been under Republican power for something like 26 years and now either the Dems rigged the system or had a bunch of commiefornia implants vote Democrat. That's either those people's plan to move to each state slowly turning it blue or they are very ignorant. They get tired of it and move to a new state but then they vote for the same stuff they left from.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                        Virginia has been under Republican power for something like 26 years and now either the Dems rigged the system or had a bunch of commiefornia implants vote Democrat.
                        It's most likely due to all the Indian and Korean immigrants there. They have no reason to want to preserve American values because they don't know what those are.

Comment

Northern VA or NoVa is a haven for young millennial white liberals and DC govt workers. They control the state and its political demographics. Just like NY is controlled by Manhattan as well as my state by Phila.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              Northern VA or NoVa is a haven for young millennial white liberals and DC govt workers. They control the state and its political demographics. Just like NY is controlled by Manhattan as well as my state by Phila.
                              Because of the growth explosion/shit ton of construction jobs in the early 2000's there was a huge influx of illegals in Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties. "Surprisingly" they are all now blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X