Electric providers in Rowlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    I typically opt for long-term contracts with the lowest rate, with no base customer charge and the same rate per kWh across all usage levels whenever possible.
    See, that's scary I was thinking was the most prudent. On the power to choose site, they list average usages by 500kwh=small apartment, 1000kwh=small home and 2000kwh=large home, but says nothing what Sq footage make one small v large.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Interesting, since I have no info on the electric usage from this property, would it still be prudent to go w/them? Also, most rate plans I'm seeing are based of a guesstimate of how much you'll use 500kwh, 1000kwh, etc. Some ding you for not using the allotment, but none say if you get dinged for goin over, so how does all that work?

And thanks for the help.

I *think* they should be able to see historical usage on previous owner. I'm not entirely certain though, that would be a good question for EO.

I know I get signed up on some plans with usage minimums and maximums but I don't think I've gone over/under and if I have, the fee was so small I haven't even noticed. My bills have done nothing but go down, and I know they've terminated contracts early and other stuff like that while they've been managing my service.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        See, that's scary I was thinking was the most prudent. On the power to choose site, they list average usages by 500kwh=small apartment, 1000kwh=small home and 2000kwh=large home, but says nothing what Sq footage make one small v large.
        1825 SF or so on ours (small by DFWM standards of course, but I do at least have a cowskin rug!) and we rarely go much over 1000-1500 kWh in the summer. I prefer a company that charges the same rate as shown on the website whether we use 400 kWh or 1500 kWh, rather than some minimum usage, and that info is listed on their electricity facts label. Ditto for declining any provider charging a $5 or $10 monthly "base customer charge" that should be zero.

Comment

Hory sheet! We just had to sign a new contract as we have to stay here at least till 4/2019 and our rate went from 5.9c kWh to 10.4c kWh and we have Energy Ogre doin the shopping for us. I decided to hit up powertochoose and DAYUM prices have gone up 100%+ depending on the providers I'm seeing, but the cheap end is 13.2c kWh. WTF happened?

Comment

I renewed through a one year contract in April that was with the same provider I had previously, and the cost for the last billing cycle was .082/kWh, up slightly from the previous contract rate. I looked on powertochoose and there were numerous gimmicks being used that would up the rates well above the posted teaser rates for a given tier of usage. I've never re-upped with a provider that I can recall since deregulation started 15 or so years ago but this year they had the best offer.

Comment

Yeah, we were on Gexa, but Our Energy had the best rate, despite not even showing in the listings on ptc

Comment

3 power plants have been closed.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                  3 power plants have been closed.
                  I read as much, but the wind generation capacity has exceeded where the coal was.

Comment

Working...
                  X