this stuff really bothers me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this stuff really bothers me

The American Civil Liberties Union?(ACLU)?and others piled onto the South Dakota legislature as it considered a bill that would make it a felony to provide things like puberty blockers to underage residents.

South Dakota legislators facing backlash over bill criminalizing underage gender treatments
    Sam Dorman1 hour ago
    Fox News Flash top headlines for Jan. 17

Fox News Flash top headlines for Jan. 17 are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and others piled onto the South Dakota legislature as it considered a bill that would make it a felony to provide things like puberty blockers to underage residents.

The bill targets doctors providing surgeries and other treatments in an effort to let children "mature" before making those decisions. “The changes are overwhelming and life-changing. Children need to wait until they’re mature to do it,” Rep. Fred Deutsch, the bill's sponsor, said. So far, the legislation has 40 co-sponsors and was scheduled for a committee hearing on Friday.

The prohibited interventions for the "purposes of attempting to change or affirm the minor's perception of the minor's sex, if that perception is inconsistent with the minor's sex." It would charge doctors with a Class 4 felony if they provided a long list of surgeries like "castration, vasectomy, hysterectomy, phalloplasty," and others. Mastectomies are also banned, in addition to "removing any otherwise healthy or nondiseased body part or tissue." The proposed law would not apply to children born with ambiguous or conflicting genitalia.

Progressive advocates sounded the alarm in response to Deutsch's legislation. "The time to act is now," the ACLU of South Dakota tweeted. It followed with a long list of legislator's home and office numbers.

“(Transgender) kids and families should be given the opportunity to thrive in South Dakota,” Libby Skarin, policy director for the ACLU of South, said in a statement. “This legislation only stands to harm them and make their lives harder.”

The issue even caught actress Debra Messing's attention as she retweeted a message about the law. "URGENT," she said.

ACLU CLAIMS 'MEN WHO GET PREGNANT AND GIVE BIRTH ARE MEN'

Democratic legislative leaders said they would oppose the bill. Rep. Kelly Sullivan, a Sioux Falls Democrat, said the measure would interfere in the doctor-patient relationship, and that doctors, patients and families should make decisions for treatment. GOP Gov. Kristi Noem's office declined to comment. "The governor does not comment on draft legislation," press secretary Kristin Wileman told Fox News.

Conservative lawmakers in several states including Texas, Georgia and Kentucky have introduced similar bills. Deutsch said he decided to introduce the bill after reading about the issue online. He also consulted with a group called Kelsey Coalition that opposes those types of operations for minors.

The legislation seemed to fan flames surrounding the role of government in a broader, cultural movement on gender. Conservatives like Ryan T. Anderson of the Heritage Foundation have warned against medical interventions that could alter a minor's development.

CLICK HERE TO GE THE FOX NEWS APP

"Prudent legislation is needed to prevent adults from interfering with a child’s normal, natural bodily development," Anderson and Princeton professor Robert P. George wrote in December. "'Gender affirmation' procedures violate sound medical ethics. It is profoundly unethical to intervene in the normal physical development of a child as part of 'affirming' a 'gender identity' at odds with bodily sex," they added.

The Endocrine Society, which is the leading professional organization for doctors who specialize in hormones, does not recommend these types of treatments before puberty for children who do not identify with their biological gender. For youths experiencing puberty and older adolescents, the Endocrine Society recommends that a team composed of expert medical professionals and mental health professionals manages treatment.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Sam Dorman is a reporter with Fox News. You can follow him on Facebook here.

if my boys decide they are gay, whatever. i do not care. i say this with true confidence and unwavering love. it does not change anything in regards to my role and their place in my life and mine in theirs.

that said, i can not understand how a parent would allow their child to make such a permanent decision at such young ages.

fuck all that noise.

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
    if my boys decide they are gay, whatever. i do not care. i say this with true confidence and unwavering love. it does not change anything in regards to my role and their place in my life and mine in theirs.

that said, i can not understand how a parent would allow their child to make such a permanent decision at such young ages.

fuck all that noise.
    Same and this is also why we don't allow minors to vote, drive, enlist, smoke, drink, etc. They are life altering choices they don't have the mental or emotional capacity to make.

Comment

Why would anyone want a puberty blocker anyway? Other than to not get those uncontrollable boners between the ages of 13-17 while on a jog in freezing rain
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        Same and this is also why we don't allow minors to vote, drive, enlist, smoke, drink, etc. They are life altering choices they don't have the mental or emotional capacity to make.
        Three of my employees are openly gay and they 100 percent agree with this.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Why would anyone want a puberty blocker anyway? Other than to not get those uncontrollable boners between the ages of 13-17 while on a jog in freezing rain

This is disturbing to ponder, much less discus. However, strictly to provoke thought, relative to your question. I have a mentor with an absolutely horrendous childhood. I'll quote him "The only reason my father quit raping me is because I hit puberty and he didnt like the hair. My mother didnt mind. She preferred more mature boys anyway."

I cant make this up and it sickens me to even think about. However, if someone wanted to perpetuate the "boy" look to an already enslaved child, what better way to do it than puberty blockers.

Going to go oil my guns, hug my wife and kids, and try to forget this shit exists.
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I wish the ACLU would defend the 1st amendment with half the effort. On a personal lvl, I hope there really is a hell and all these parents and politicians rot in it. When the SHTF and society collapses add these morons to the shoot on sight list.

Comment

Folks, The ACLU is bane of our existence.

And I'll tell you one thing in passing regarding some of what I read above. Back when I was in Paramedic school, we would have guest speakers to engage in debates that exceeded our mandate just for the sake of learning something more outside of the scope of your purview. And old school M.D. will tell you that arbitrarily removing a healthy organ in a human being is mutilation. It violates medical ethics and there is also a moral issue as well. However, we are talking radical leftists and these terms and ideology is not on their radar. They are very sick people. They need to find Jesus.

Comment

This is stomach turning on both sides, parents who do this should be shot, but the government has no place in requiring specific outcomes by law. More government isn't the answer, addressing mental instability is.

Comment

jesus bro. i did not even think of the evil side of it. fuck.

it is wild how having your own kids changes your perception of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                    jesus bro. i did not even think of the evil side of it. fuck.

it is wild how having your own kids changes your perception of the world.
                    To say the least.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Wow the world is f d up! Poor kids need someone to stand up for them! This shit is insane

Comment

It's sad to see the last 15 years or so. As bad as they were, culturally, I expect the next 15 to be so much worse.

You wonder how things we find abhorrent, things like slavery or gas chambers, could have ever been tolerated. You wonder how moral people could rationalize themselves into the Hell they found themselves in and how it could all go so wrong. How stories from the ghosts of our past, of moderates giving way to Nazis, to Bolsheviks, to maoists, to Islamists, to Jacobins.

How the moderates - the business class in Germany and the Vichy in occupied France, the culacks and low nobles in Russia, the students in China, and the Third Estate in France - how their explanations and pleas for understanding and leniency for themselves feel so feeble and inadequate compared to the scale of the destruction, even to this day.

'And how they burned in the camps'

Thinking about all this, and wondering how little moderates and "conservatives" have been able or even willing to conserve these last decades, makes one want to shine a flashlight up toward one's face to set the mood.

Best start believing in ghost stories. You're in one.

Comment

Now for the silver lining.

Culturally, gen z has been brought up with the left's indoctrination and millenials to look up to, and to a large degree rejected their ideals wholesale. They are irreverent toward their ideals. They make fun of their ideals. They make fun of them.

They are the new counter culture.

These are generalizations, but stereotypes exist for a reason.

They are more independent than their previous generations.
                          They are more entrepreneurial, and as such more sensitive to actual issues like taxes and regulation.
                          They are more frugal, seeing less and less value in the trappings and golden chains previous generations valued. (Expensive cars, McMansions, soul-sucking 30 year corporate career to qualify for a maybe non-existent pension and, well, golden chains.)
                          They are more distrusting. Growing up on the internet, they know to question the veracity of anything, be it picture, video or post.That mentality has bled over to politicians, the mainstream media and communism.
                          They are more pro gun than previous generations, and resent the boomers and millenials attempts to disarm and control them.
                          They are more interested in being monogamous, marrying and having children compared to the millenial liberal's hypergamous, forever single, childless raging feminist wine-aunts.

Here it is summed up in meme format, their preferred mode of communication:

So there is hope. Maybe not enough to prevent us from voting ourselves into communism; but perhaps enough to shoot our way out of it.
                          Last edited by sc281; 01-30-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I can't imagine leading my kid down a path of greatly increased chances of suicide because I lacked the ability to make a wise decision. It sucks, but the gov't was right to step in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              I can't imagine leading my kid down a path of greatly increased chances of suicide because I lacked the ability to make a wise decision. It sucks, but the gov't was right to step in here.
                              The gov’t is dead fucking wrong. The gov’t stepping in and favoring every claimed minority created this problem. If the gov’t stayed out of everyone’s business and stopped trying to cater to every oddball on the planet, we’d all be better off financially and socially. This crap only exists because of excess gov’t interference forcing people to accept it.

Comment

Working...
                              X