What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    While you're not wrong... I just got my .22 suppressor and I'll be damned if I don't get to play with it for the next few months. And I was going to make a trip to buy that stuff this weekend anyway, before all this craziness. Priorities man!
    Get Gemtec subsonic. All my semi-autos still cycle suppressed. You can carry on a conversation while shooting.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• If your grocery stores are running low on supplies, go check out Sprouts or other health food leaning stores. At least, here in Colorado, those stores have had plenty of stock and the lines are reasonable. Idiots aren’t interested in healthy food.

Meanwhile, Nike just shut down all of their physical stores. I’ve still got meetings with them on Tuesday to help them with remote working solutions. Just sold 700K in licenses and services to a media customer. I’ve got perhaps a few million in sales lined up for this quarter. I’m going to wish my salary was 100% commission instead of 25% but this big focus on working from home is going to be a big deal for my company.

Comment

• Raise your hand if your gonna get the mandatory vaccines!

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          I have a few hundred cases of CCI blazer .22 ammo. I'll sell you one if you really need it. There is 5000rd per case I believe.
          Nah I don't need it right now, have about 2k rounds.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            That's pretty much it. I'm not wanting to get stuff because I'm worried about a global catastrophe. It's more self defense at this point, because when I do actually needs something like TP, I won't be able to get it because some frenzied azzhat is hoarding 24 cases of it for no real reason.

The Sam's and Kroger in my area got pounded today. I went in both just to get some items on my usual weekly errands, and they were packed with folks and empty shelves for beans, rice, TP, water and frozen meats. Saw my first paranoid person with a mask and nitrile gloves on.

I am thinking this is more like when a snow storm is forecasted and people freak out about it and clean the shelves. Then a week later all is normal again on the supply side of things. I'm hoping in 2 weeks, there'll be plenty of TP and such again on the shelves. Unless the hoarders are just absolutely bonkers.
            People can and will consume and store only so much, it's merely a matter of waiting it out until the chicken littles get their fill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              If your grocery stores are running low on supplies, go check out Sprouts or other health food leaning stores. At least, here in Colorado, those stores have had plenty of stock and the lines are reasonable. Idiots aren’t interested in healthy food.

Meanwhile, Nike just shut down all of their physical stores. I’ve still got meetings with them on Tuesday to help them with remote working solutions. Just sold 700K in licenses and services to a media customer. I’ve got perhaps a few million in sales lined up for this quarter. I’m going to wish my salary was 100% commission instead of 25% but this big focus on working from home is going to be a big deal for my company.
              It's just the opposite for me, at least here on the front end. My customers are all government agencies, and we've got several no cost offerings now available for the short term, to help governments better respond and mitigate. Hopefully the net will be a lot more teams usage and long-term telephony and WVD usage, for now it seems like I'm giving away more than I'm selling.

RDS CALs aren't free though, so keep selling that VDI, I get at least a little piece of that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• The financial ramifications for the small businesses will be huge if this takes long. I committed my inventory for spring in January. Luckily I've only take about 60% of it. It might burn a bridge but I can tell them to keep the unshipped.

I had a record January. Looks like March will set another record for the worst month lol. I was busy Monday and Tuesday. The phone died Wednesday-Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                  The financial ramifications for the small businesses will be huge if this takes long. I committed my inventory for spring in January. Luckily I've only take about 60% of it. It might burn a bridge but I can tell them to keep the unshipped.

I had a record January. Looks like March will set another record for the worst month lol. I was busy Monday and Tuesday. The phone died Wednesday-Friday.
                  While my job is super safe yet a little riskier in these times, the wife is doing injury prevention, and month to month for a large electrical company in east Texas. I could see her being axed any month now if this drags on too long. Maybe her CPR side business will launch though since the medical community will be bulking up now.

I did tell my AMR and fire guys the other day that this was the first time in my 18 years of LE that I felt bad for them.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    If your grocery stores are running low on supplies, go check out Sprouts or other health food leaning stores. At least, here in Colorado, those stores have had plenty of stock and the lines are reasonable. Idiots aren’t interested in healthy food.

Good for you. Rake in that commission and invest it at the bottom.

I've always thought the future my company would be more remote and distance working. I think being forced into it now for at least some time will speed up the process and conversion.

Comment

• Time to refinance boys!!!! We got 0%!!!

This next crash is gonna be epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Time to refinance boys!!!! We got 0%!!!

This next crash is gonna be epic.
                        Are you a fan of these low to - rates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                          Are you a fan of these low to - rates?
                          Who the fuck wouldn't be a fan of a low interest loan?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Who the fuck wouldn't be a fan of a low interest loan?
                            Your gonna love the negative rates siphoning off your bank account. Sheep

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              While my job is super safe yet a little riskier in these times, the wife is doing injury prevention, and month to month for a large electrical company in east Texas. I could see her being axed any month now if this drags on too long. Maybe her CPR side business will launch though since the medical community will be bulking up now.

I did tell my AMR and fire guys the other day that this was the first time in my 18 years of LE that I felt bad for them.
                              That part helps!

I've got a current RN license from 15 years ago. Kept up on continuing education even though I only did it 9 months.

I don't think people realize what's going on. I'm ok either way, but I sign my own check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                                Your gonna love the negative rates siphoning off your bank account. Sheep

Well, I'm not sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank, so I think I"ll be fine with the savings on home and auto loans.

You must be worried the virus will kill someone of your . . . advanced years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X