No announcement yet.

What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if this belongs here, but since we are talking about the virus side effects...

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      Hearing rumors that the school is working on plans to finish the school year via school provided chrome tablets and working with the local cable provider to install free internet to kids that don't have it.
      No word on tablets, but my step-daughters high school is ramping up e-learning courses, if she comes home with a Chromebook I'm smashing it out of principle.

I spent my day yesterday frantically working to get audio conferencing enabled for several agencies and counties out in California, and I'm sure there's more to come for the forseeable future. We've got several no-cost large scale trials available in the segment, so rather than loosing money Microsoft is spending it to help enable WFH, and hopefully be part of the solution.

I'm personally still not convinced that country-wide quarantine is necessary at this point, but it's cool to see that we as a company are doing our part to make sure there's as much business and education continuity as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Curious when comparing this to 9/11 - did everything stateside shutdown for multiple weeks during 9/11? I was doing DOD work overseas and frankly don't have much clue what was going on here during 9/11.
        Just air travel, air freight. I worked for an air freight company at the time, and we had to scramble initially to beef up our ground network to move freight. Other places that may have shut down for the days immediately after 9/11 had to evaluate their security before resuming.

Comment

• On a personal note, I just realized this morning that my 3-year old is about to be out of milk, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it, other than to pray that all these hoarders suffer projectile shitting due to lactose intolerance, or from having to drink soured milk

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            On a personal note, I just realized this morning that my 3-year old is about to be out of milk, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it, other than to pray that all these hoarders suffer projectile shitting due to lactose intolerance, or from having to drink soured milk
            There was plenty of milk to be had here in Denton Sunday. No eggs or TP, but milk wasn't an issue.

Comment

if she comes home with a Chromebook I'm smashing it out of principle.
              don't want a government listening device in your kids bedroom?

Comment

On a personal note, I just realized this morning that my 3-year old is about to be out of milk, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it, other than to pray that all these hoarders suffer projectile shitting due to lactose intolerance, or from having to drink soured milk
                Grocery stores are hiring like crazy because they can't keep up with restocking. Just keep your eyes on the stores.

Protip - Horizon brand Organic milk, if you can find it, has a shelf life of like 45 days or something crazy. Whereas normal milk is like 2 weeks.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Have you checked for the individual servings packs outside of the refrigerated section? I havent looked but that's probably a less traveled option

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    don't want a government listening device in your kids bedroom?
                    I work for Microsoft, she needs to have Teams and a Surface.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Grocery stores are hiring like crazy because they can't keep up with restocking. Just keep your eyes on the stores.

Protip - Horizon brand Organic milk, if you can find it, has a shelf life of like 45 days or something crazy. Whereas normal milk is like 2 weeks.
                    Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Have you checked for the individual servings packs outside of the refrigerated section? I havent looked but that's probably a less traveled option
                    We usually buy Horizon incidentally, but all brands are gone at Tom Thumb. I just went to Sprouts, as I had heard that they are faring better (they're not), and snagged two of the last three of their store-brand organic Milk, which is all that was on the shelf. I'm not trying to hoard, but I did get the extra gallon for the freezer, only because I don't want to get stuck without again, if I can't time my next shopping trip to just after the truck has been unloaded. So for now Sprouts has a single gallon of milk to sell.

Comment

We usually buy Horizon incidentally, but all brands are gone at Tom Thumb. I just went to Sprouts, as I had heard that they are faring better (they're not), and snagged two of the last three of their store-brand organic Milk, which is all that was on the shelf. I'm not trying to hoard, but I did get the extra gallon for the freezer, only because I don't want to get stuck without again, if I can't time my next shopping trip to just after the truck has been unloaded. So for now Sprouts has a single gallon of milk to sell.
                      I don't go inside either one very often but what about a place like QT or 7-11?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                        I think your right! Numbers are wrong it’s gonna sweep the country like notebook paper in a fire! Healthcare will be overrun won’t be enough beds ventilators. This is the delay it’s gonna be like a bomb went off I’m afraid. I want to be wrong though.
                        I didn't know it was tell your best joke day. Recovery rate for under 50 is what, 99.6% or something, right? It's like 98.4% for those under 60?? The elderly, or those with health conditions should stay away from everyone else. Those of us with kids in school, sports, church, etc. deal with this crap every year during cold and flu season. We actually had something roll through our house (both kids) and my niece that "was not flu but acted like flu" in December. Could have been this crap. We all made it just fine. People need to chill the eff out and quit responding to media induced panic.

Comment

• No one has said this will kill millions of people in the US. But if the infection rate isn’t slowed down, the sick will overwhelm the healthcare system - which has happened it Italy. The isolation needed to slow this down is something totally alien to US citizens, and will significantly affect business. Panic never helped anything, but daily life will change tremendously, and we’re going to burn through a lot of money. I hope when this is over, we as a society will be a little tolerant of adversity, a little more willing to work together - and more adaptable. The alternative is chaos.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            I don't go inside either one very often but what about a place like QT or 7-11?
                            Locally Braum's sells their own brand of milk so another option. Costco had plenty of the Horizon organic stuff Saturday afternoon when I went.

Comment

• Trump is gonna send us money in two weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                                Locally Braum's sells their own brand of milk so another option. Costco had plenty of the Horizon organic stuff Saturday afternoon when I went.
                                Braums milk is great. Thats what we prefer at my casa.

Comment

Working...
                                X