No announcement yet.

What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we are working from home starting tomorrow.

This sucks.

Comment

• Looks like we will be getting a stimulus in under two weeks. $1000 per tax payer and $500 per kid.

That being said my 1000+ person job site is carrying on as usual. Zero precautions being taking. I guess safety isn't first.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Working from home as of today, but the guys in the warehouse & shops can’t do that....

Comment

• I CANNOT confirm this because it is second hand information from a retired law enforcement officer friend...but I was told the National Guard has been closing off some streets in Dallas...possible for a testing site? Again I cannot confirm it but it comes from what I consider a credible source.

Comment

• They need to get on with the testing centers and use a bunch of that shit they have stored away for FEMA to just drop a camp in every large city for people that really get sick. These 70 year old billionaires, who are probably isolating anyways, should kick in to boot for self preservation. Throw some military doctors in every camp, and make in not look like a death zone, and issue solved. Who ever makes breathing machines, and medical equipment in general, will make a mint.

I went to HEB yesterday, they had TP, and paper towels roll in. Me and mom could have bought 8 we bought two total paper towels since we needed them, and I got a small pack of TP. While I did get everything on the wifes list she wanted some oddball stuff. There was a lot of the store wiped out though, like zero breakfast shit. They said it was chaos Friday and much better yesterday but still busy. They are the only game in town though.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• I saw a flatbed full of FEMA coffins rolling in late last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                I didn't know it was tell your best joke day. Recovery rate for under 50 is what, 99.6% or something, right? It's like 98.4% for those under 60?? The elderly, or those with health conditions should stay away from everyone else. Those of us with kids in school, sports, church, etc. deal with this crap every year during cold and flu season. We actually had something roll through our house (both kids) and my niece that "was not flu but acted like flu" in December. Could have been this crap. We all made it just fine. People need to chill the eff out and quit responding to media induced panic.
                Assuming it hasn't been blowing though the population unknown for sometime. I mean they are just starting to test for it.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  I CANNOT confirm this because it is second hand information from a retired law enforcement officer friend...but I was told the National Guard has been closing off some streets in Dallas...possible for a testing site? Again I cannot confirm it but it comes from what I consider a credible source.
                  After the the conference today it sounds like we could be getting some CSH's setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Looks like we will be getting a stimulus in under two weeks. $1000 per tax payer and $500 per kid.

That being said my 1000+ person job site is carrying on as usual. Zero precautions being taking. I guess safety isn't first.
                    Ironically that's exactly how much I owed on taxes this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      Unfortunately, I am one of those businesses that might get wrecked by this. Most of my customers are elderly. Had a REALLY shitty day today.
                      I know the feeling I'm a small business in the oilfield so we are taking a double hit and then on top of that buyers for my house backed out 4 hours before closing last friday.

Comment

• I was at a department meeting last night for our FD, we're woefully under-prepared from a PPE standpoint and were basically told to send EMT's in first for all suspected covid cases to preserve the paramedics. The county next to us has told all FF responding to a medical call that's suspected covid to go in with tank/air. that is going to create a contamination cascade if not carefully managed.. but that's their marching order for now.

We have only a couple isolation gowns on our rigs, which means one call could take a truck out of service. hopefully the paid agencies elsewhere aren't battling this.

Comment

• Powdered milk and canned condensed milk are a staple of food storage. Try Fiesta stores, I shop almost daily for produce and I haven't seen much in short supply at fiestas.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            Powdered milk and canned condensed milk are a staple of food storage. Try Fiesta stores, I shop almost daily for produce and I haven't seen much in short supply at fiestas.
                            Yep. I always keep powdered and condensed because we don't keep milk most of the time. Comes in handy for baking.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              I didn't know it was tell your best joke day. Recovery rate for under 50 is what, 99.6% or something, right? It's like 98.4% for those under 60?? The elderly, or those with health conditions should stay away from everyone else. Those of us with kids in school, sports, church, etc. deal with this crap every year during cold and flu season. We actually had something roll through our house (both kids) and my niece that "was not flu but acted like flu" in December. Could have been this crap. We all made it just fine. People need to chill the eff out and quit responding to media induced panic.
                              It’s not a joke. It can possibly kill 3 million plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                                Assuming it hasn't been blowing though the population unknown for sometime. I mean they are just starting to test for it.
                                Whiskey cures everything...

Comment

Working...
                                X