Molar extraction tomorrow morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molar extraction tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning I have to have tooth #14 extracted (left upper, second from the back). I will get an implant , the oral surgeon says there is a 90% chance he can install the titanium post at the time of extraction. The whole thing bothers me, I never lost an adult tooth. I had ankle surgery 5 years ago, didn’t think twice about that. Other than deadening, the procedure is little changed from 100 years ago. They grab the tooth with pliers, rock it side to side until the jawbone breaks at the edges & pull it out. Ughh......

Scott

Scott, I can tell you that you will be experiencing a large amount of pain, not really during the procedure but as soon as the numbing agent wears off. Most of the pain will be from the jaw bone repairing itself and the nerve being severed from your head region will be the most excruciating pain you will ever feel. You can forget about eating and drinking anything other than luke warm water for a few days, good luck... 'H'
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks for that!

Comment

I've never had an implant, but getting a tooth pulled is not that bad. I had a top wisdom tooth pulled in the morning and ate prime rib at Outback later that evening.

Comment

Just so you know...

Question: How likely is death after a wisdom tooth extraction?

Heidi Schneckenberger Garrard, studied Dental Hygiene at University of Minnesota (1990) - Answered Jan 6, 2019

Short answer, it occurs, but rarely. There have been two cases I am personally aware of since I graduated with a dental hygiene degree in 1990

Comment

You will fall asleep and feel like you woke up instantly and he will be done..
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

I've had two molars pulled. Awake for both, but numbed up, the sound is horrendous and it felt like he was pulling my damned head off. Only thing that hurt was the stupid thing that holds your mouth open. Even after the novacaine wore off, I had no pain.

Comment

Had the same tooth pulled with just novacaine and other than the sound it was nothing noticeable and was back to normal the next day

Comment

I had the same tooth opposite side broken in a fight. Oral surgeon extracted it and scared me into thinking it was going to be terribly painful. I had the first round of pain meds right after surgery. I didn't have to take anymore after that. Sore but not painful. I probably would have had a hard time sleeping but the whiskey took care of that. (They advised against alcohol but what the hell do they know)

Comment

bro. it will be fast. i do not remember anything really bad or painful. honestly it was a white trash decision for me, fifty to pull it or five thousand or so to fix what i broke. it was the last one in the back, so i pulled it and moved on.

just do what they say about avoiding the dry socket ordeal. my bro told me that that shit is rough, and i think his tolerance for pain is fairly high so i knew it must be some real pain.

Comment

It’s done, and have an ice pack on it. The implant post was installed, so no empty tooth socket.
                      Last edited by white trash wagon; 01-16-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Why did they have to remove it in the first place? cracked or broken?

mardyn

Comment

Root canal that failed. Cracked root

Comment

Ouch...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

mardyn

Comment

Dayum!

Enjoy the sorbets at least.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X