Never trust a dentist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never trust a dentist.

So, about 6 years ago I broke a tooth. Went to a local dentist to get it extracted. After he pulled it, I felt some weird pressure and he took a second X-ray and said it was all good.

Fast forward 6 years and 0 dentist visits later, I break a wisdom tooth. Rather than pull this one, I want to get it filled. Went to a different dentist in town. They took an x-ray and she had some strange questions for me. Had I ever had sinus or jaw surgery?

Told her no and they said I needed to look at the x-ray. Then sent me to an oral surgeon. OS did a CT scan and basically found something metallic and a massive sinus infection. He recommended surgery to get it out. Just had that surgery today. Was a glorified Dremel bit.

Real bitch of the bunch is that I can't find a lawyer that will take the case.

What the fuck?!?! No lawyer will take that?! Dude I sure hope you can cash in.

Do you have the copies of the original xray?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      What the fuck?!?! No lawyer will take that?! Dude I sure hope you can cash in.

Do you have the copies of the original xray?
      Called and e-mailed about 25. Statute of limitations on medical malpractice is 2 years, UNLESS it's something that a reasonable person wouldn't have discovered until now. However, the lawyers only want to deal with cases in the last two years.

Heheh, I tried to get those x-rays. They claimed they only took one, and they wouldn't give it to me, saying it's "too old to be of use".

Comment

The Texas Hammer Jim Adler would definitely take that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          The Texas Hammer Jim Adler would definitely take that case.
          Doesn't say anything about medical malpractice, but I sent him a message anyway.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he's personal injury, which is a broad spectrum. I'm not sure you suffered lasting injury though so maybe that's why no one will take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              I'm pretty sure he's personal injury, which is a broad spectrum. I'm not sure you suffered lasting injury though so maybe that's why no one will take it.
              The reason I've been getting turned down is time. They only want something done in the last 2 years, even though this seems to fall under the discovery rule.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                So, about 6 years ago I broke a tooth. Went to a local dentist to get it extracted. After he pulled it, I felt some weird pressure and he took a second X-ray and said it was all good.

Fast forward 6 years and 0 dentist visits later, I break a wisdom tooth. Rather than pull this one, I want to get it filled. Went to a different dentist in town. They took an x-ray and she had some strange questions for me. Had I ever had sinus or jaw surgery?

Told her no and they said I needed to look at the x-ray. Then sent me to an oral surgeon. OS did a CT scan and basically found something metallic and a massive sinus infection. He recommended surgery to get it out. Just had that surgery today. Was a glorified Dremel bit.

Real bitch of the bunch is that I can't find a lawyer that will take the case.
                I think the problem regarding a lawyer is if you can't obtain that 2nd X-ray during the initial visit, you would not be able to demonstrate that on that day that Dentist failed to recognize a foreign object. And then you have a long time elapsed before the problem was discovered.

That must be a pretty incompetent Dentist. Because when I developed a cavity in a wisdom tooth my Dentist said we typically don't fill cavities or even bother with wisdom teeth. Because they end up causing problems anyway down the road, so he sent me to a oral surgeon to have them removed.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                  I think the problem regarding a lawyer is if you can't obtain that 2nd X-ray during the initial visit, you would not be able to demonstrate that on that day that Dentist failed to recognize a foreign object. And then you have a long time elapsed before the problem was discovered.

That must be a pretty incompetent Dentist. Because when I developed a cavity in a wisdom tooth my Dentist said we typically don't fill cavities or even bother with wisdom teeth. Because they end up causing problems anyway down the road, so he sent me to a oral surgeon to have them removed.

Seems like a drill bit would be hard to lose. The discovery rule allows for the time. Reads that if it's an unrecoverable injury that a reasonable person wouldn't have noticed, then I can still have a case. Meaning if I wasn't experiencing problems, I wouldn't have any reason to get it checked out.

Second dentist filled my wisdom because I already had the molar pulled.

Comment

Your grill's so bad you had to mspaint an xray?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Your grill's so bad you had to mspaint an xray?
                      No, I'm just scared that SVO will identify me by my dental records, track me down, and fuck all the women in my life, then call my camaro slow and drink all of my beer.

Comment

Maybe you’re just and Anti-Dentite.

Comment

Was this the Doctor/Dentist?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            Was this the Doctor/Dentist?
                            Just about. Oh I know exactly what happened. He saw a young guy and figured it would take me years to change dentists. If I came back to him, which I did, he could control the x-rays. If I changed, I likely wouldn't be going to a dentist for years.

Comment

You know what you are? You’re an anti dentite. You’re a rabid anti dentite!
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X