Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northwest OHV park deserves it's own thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest OHV park deserves it's own thread!

Figure instead of adding to the same thread over and over, I'd start a new one for the OHV park. Had a blast today, wish a few others coulda made it, but maybe we can get a group soon. Memorial day they are open all day, so plan ahead for it!

Posted a few pics on Tiny Pic, it is slow as hell, but free.

Made it up a hill with some rocks and stopped at the top. In the big area to the right when you get into the park, headed towards the pavilion area where it is usually all water, there is a small plateau I went up a few weeks ago. 3 ways up/down. 1 is way too rocky and narrow. One is fairly easy, and made it up last time. Tried a little rocky/steep entrance today, and made it almost to the top, then backed down. I think I could easily make it, but once up, the other side was too flooded for me so wasn't sure how to get back down. The way up I might be able to do, but it is rocky, tires are muddy, and has a large rock at the bottom, so if I slid to the drivers side, I'd risk hitting it.

Saw some Jeep's doing a rock climb, that was fun to watch!

I'll be camping Memorial Day weekend but I'll try to figure something ahead out time with you. Gotta get a little bit of use out of this sticker

Comment

No doubt, Jose! I think I've been 3 times after I bought it, plus that day of purchase we drove around easy parts only. Had the 2 big dogs with us, they liked it out there too!

Comment

Any open areas to do a little bit of fish tailing and misc film rolling with a drone?

Comment

There is a couple large areas where people do massive donuts! The area I was in the water is really large, and the beginning of it it is flat, dirt with small'ish rocks, but I see plenty of folks doing it there. Another area is down the steep hill, further in and to the left, then the back of it. Pretty big/flat spot there to do the same. Probably large enough 2 or 3 could do it at the same time, if careful.

This is one of the areas, first one. This is only part of it too, it is large!

Comment

Badass...I really need to get out there now.

Comment

i thinking of getting out of the f150 and into a 4wd tacoma. if so, id roll.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                i thinking of getting out of the f150 and into a 4wd tacoma. if so, id roll.

god bless.
                Why cant you just take the 150?

Comment

We are heading out Sunday , arriving around 10 AM. There is a group on FB called Soft Roaders I just started looking at, and I think 2 guys from there will be heading out as well. Let's get some DFWMustnags out there!

Comment

<==== stupid
                    What is OHV?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      <==== stupid
                      What is OHV?
                      Off highway vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Off highway vehicle
                        Thanks,
                        So anything not a registered vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          Thanks,
                          So anything not a registered vehicle?
                          No. You need a sticker for any vehicle on Texas OHV land.

Edit: so to drive my f150 at a public ohv park like bridgeport... I still need to cough up $20.

Comment

I got my truck back today, I may be interested in going out soon. I’m helping a buddy get ready for bees this weekend though.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              No. You need a sticker for any vehicle on Texas OHV land.

Edit: so to drive my f150 at a public ohv park like bridgeport... I still need to cough up $20.
                              And they're absolutely impossible to find right now, so buy online and have the receipt e-mailed to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X