weld wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld wheels

i just got some weld pro stars for my 00' gt. i was wondering how some of you guys go about keeping the rust off the lugs and wheels. i was thinking about sandwiching the metal washer in between two nylon washers, but i haven't found a place that caries any that size. i was thinking maybe there may be a way to possibly rubber coat the existing metal washers too. any other ideas or suggestions? TIA.

powdercoated lugs and washers.

Comment

well I planned on getting the wheels done in a few months anyways so I'll get them to do the lugs too. I still would like to get the nylon washers to keep the two powder coated surfaces from rubbing up against each other.

Comment

Don't run a nylon washer IMO, they will wear out (yes, your wheels move a slight bit with that style lug nut) and the wheels will loosen up. There's a reason they used metal washers and not nylon. The wheels are aluminum, they should polish right up. One thing you can do to help with rust is a light coating of grease/anti-seize.

Comment

I hate polishing wheels so mine just say dirty lol!

Comment

Stuff that's polished is easy to keep polished once it's there. Just hit it with some never dull or a power ball and it's golden. Given the nature of my beast, it's not that easy

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Stuff that's polished is easy to keep polished once it's there. Just hit it with some never dull or a power ball and it's golden. Given the nature of my beast, it's not that easy
              just spray diesel all over it!

Comment

last time i spent 4 hours polishing water spots off mine somebody had to turn the fucking water sprinkler on 30 mins later so haven't touch them since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                  just spray diesel all over it!
                  Baby oil works and smells better. The aluminum still has to be polished though.

Comment

yeah i am definitely getting a power ball. I was thinking of putting a dab of white lithium grease on the lugs to keep it from rusting, but i am not sure if that would speed up corrosion or slow it.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                      yeah i am definitely getting a power ball. I was thinking of putting a dab of white lithium grease on the lugs to keep it from rusting, but i am not sure if that would speed up corrosion or slow it.
                      Use anti seize, like I told you. It won't dry out and is relatively easy to clean up if you put too much on and splatter it everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X