soap's GMC Canyon progress thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soap's GMC Canyon progress thread.

Just got started yesterday, truck runs and drives good. Cold AC. clear title. Looks like shit now without the front end on it. But I have everything except the door and fender. Gunna hit up pick & pull tomorrow. But I was nasty inside. Been without a window setting outside for about a year. So I took out the seats and carpet. To clean for now. But plan on replacing the carpet in the future. And eventually getting the seats reupholstered. Took out the AC vents to clean all the dust out of them.

Rusty tools left under the seats made the carpet rust!

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

can we get a thread lock?
    sigpic

Comment

With some AWESOME brand cleaner, and some free Mexican labor the cleaning began.

To be continued...

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        can we get a thread lock?
        Then you won't have anything to talk shit about.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Damn that thing is rough. Bout as bad as a 90K mile Nissan Frontier that I had the misfortune of buying. Seats and carpet came out decent.

Comment

Wow, I just thought I had seen some nasty trucks when selling off our work trucks that have been in the oilfield of 200k miles lol

Comment

The seats and carpet came out great dude.

God bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Seats look great, how did you clean em?

Comment

Did the previous owner use the cup holder as a spittoon?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    Seats look great, how did you clean em?
                    All purpose cleaner and degreasers from the dollar store called awesome. Soak the shit out of them. Use A light scrub brush takes no effort at all and rinsed off.
                    Last edited by soap; 07-30-2016, 07:19 PM.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Did the previous owner use the cup holder as a spittoon?
                      No. Owner was a retired United States Marine. Who left a bunch of sockets and they got wet and it rusted. But in my new car I drop my spit bottle once and awesome took it right out.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Good progress. I don't think I could trash a truck that bad if I went out trying to accomplish it
                        2012 GT500

Comment

How do you like that awesome cleaner? I've heard other people mention it before too, does it cut through stuff better than purple power?
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            How do you like that awesome cleaner? I've heard other people mention it before too, does it cut through stuff better than purple power?
                            Much better than purple power. But as others have mentioned if you're not used to it it will knock you the fuck out. Just make sure you're in a well ventilated area and do not dilute it as the instructions tell you too.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Only had about an hour to work on it today. Got the carpet back in. All the plastic trim pieces and the now squeaky clean AC vents in too.

The passenger-side airbag cover is a big fucking eyesore for me. So in a few days I'm going to paint it back OE.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X