Keyless car stolen using radio repeater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Found the DFWM broke dick section leader.
    Yep! Someday I'll be able to afford a shop...just gotta get Bernie Randers to raise the minimum wage

Comment

Damn white guys steeling the Benz. Should we protest if they get caught?
      Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

That is genius, I wonder exactly how they did that
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
          That is genius, I wonder exactly how they did that
          it's just a signal amplifier

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            it's just a signal amplifier
            Has to be more complicated than that surely? Unless they only drove it around the block to a waiting flat bed or something?

Looks like they got close enough to house to unlock, then had to get next to house again to start it.

I wonder if after the car is started they can fake the key signal or something?
            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
              Has to be more complicated than that surely? Unless they only drove it around the block to a waiting flat bed or something?

Looks like they got close enough to house to unlock, then had to get next to house again to start it.

I wonder if after the car is started they can fake the key signal or something?
              I think the remotes use a rolling algorithm, so the end game is probably just to get the car far enough away to load up and boogie. you're just amplifying a tiny signal - probably 10s of milliwatts - into something that will propagate farther out and trick the car side into thinki ng the fob is present. the low power of the remote xmitter is why they had to get so close to the house, as you need a signal with enough fidelity to amplify. I haven't read up on these or anything so I may be way off base, but it's just RF.. so capturing and amplifying the signal isn't some type of witchcraft.

Comment

Once it's started you are good till you turn it off. It will keep going without the key, a warning will pop up and say key not detected but that's it
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Once it's started you are good till you turn it off. It will keep going without the key, a warning will pop up and say key not detected but that's it
                  yep that's exactly right!

Comment

my truck will stay running but wont shift out of park unless the key is detected..im not sure what it would do if i was driving and threw the key out the window

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                      my truck will stay running but wont shift out of park unless the key is detected..im not sure what it would do if i was driving and threw the key out the window
                      It would keep going until you put it back in park or turn it off.

Comment

My newer Taurus has keyless. One night the wife sent the niece to the store for milk. She started the car in the garage and got a couple miles down the road.

Went in the store, got the milk, came back out and couldn't get in the car. Didn't have the FOB.

So yeah, you can go as far as you want as long as you don't turn it off.

Comment

So what all could you put on the car to make it a royal pain to steal

Biometric push button start
                          Key must be inserted
                          Card must be near the car
                          Hidden fuel kill switch
                          Hidden battery disconnect
                          ... what else?
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

Key must be inserted
                            Hidden fuel kill switch
                            ... what else?
                            Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

They claim they've never had one single vehicle stolen in 41 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              http://www.ravelco.com/

They claim they've never had one single vehicle stolen in 41 years.
                              Bookmarked.
                              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

Key must be inserted
                                Hidden fuel kill switch
                                ... what else?
                                manual transmission. Seriously most thieves don't know how to drive a manual

Probably also wouldn't need to hide any switches anything that's not standard equipment will cause them trouble and probably cause them to move on or have to come back and try again later. Adding an extra switch that doesn't do anything would also throw wrinkles in any plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X