No announcement yet.

Got a stock market plan ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just itchin' for my tax refund to get in so I can get into this more. Obviously my VMware stock is taking a bath (thank's Mike) but I got my shares at $45 so I'm fine at the current $108. Dell's announcements couldn't have come at a worse time for VMware stock. The rumors Dell would buy it out made it shoot up to $165 before settling back down to $150. I should have sold then but no one knew the reverse merger rumor was coming (it hit the next day). That and the general mood of the market has been horrible.

Anyways, what do you guys think about investing in the Cannabis industry? The stocks are pretty cheap and Canada is going to make it 100% legal this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      It is real easy to be a day trader when the market is going up, up, up every day and you can accidently look like a genius. When volatility comes into play though, you better have big brass balls. I don't day trade except when it comes to options. I buy and hold based on long term value. Even then it takes big brass balls and you have to be unattached emotionally from the money. Emotional attachment is why the mom and pops of the world always get their throats cut in the stock market. My trading account is down $45k in the last two weeks and it doesn't bother me a bit. Bring it the fuck on.
      Same in sales. I've seen countless salesmen think they are great at their jobs when the industry is growing at a rapid rate (like oil and gas 2012-2014 ish)...only to realize they are trash when the industry slows down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        Anyways, what do you guys think about investing in the Cannabis industry? The stocks are pretty cheap and Canada is going to make it 100% legal this year.
        I think it is a horrible idea with shitloads of risk. There is the risk of federal government action and there is also the risk of legalization destroying their margins on the product.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Same in sales. I've seen countless salesmen think they are great at their jobs when the industry is growing at a rapid rate (like oil and gas 2012-2014 ish)...only to realize they are trash when the industry slows down.
          "It is only when the tide goes out that you learn who has been swimming naked" - Warren Buffett
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            I think it is a horrible idea with shitloads of risk. There is the risk of federal government action and there is also the risk of legalization destroying their margins on the product.
            That's why I'm looking at the Canadian industry. It's set to go with nation wide legalization in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              How anyone could say the stocks are cheap is mind-boggling. I looked them up a few weeks ago and posted this in another thread ... someone was saying they're "safe":

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Your definition of "safe" must be different than mine!

Aphria - '18 EV/EBITDA 229x; '18 EV/Revenue 75x; '18 P/E 135x

Aurora - '18 EV/EBITDA 426x; '18 EV/Revenue 99x; '18 P/E 2,818x

Canopy - '19 EV/EBITDA 252x; '18 EV/Revenue 82x; '19 P/E 922x
              Could you make money, sure it's possible. But nobody should ever tell themselves that these things are safe or cheap.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Ahh cmon 18/1 PE no big deal Unicorn let’s do this!!! BTW anybody seen the aapl unicorn girl lately? She looked all happy a few weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                  Ahh cmon 18/1 PE no big deal Unicorn let’s do this!!! BTW anybody seen the aapl unicorn girl lately? She looked all happy a few weeks ago
                  Lolz, do you think that's an 18 PE??

That says 135x, 2,818x, and 922x PE for 2018 EPS.
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Those PEs are fine if you compare them to Amazon or if you go back in time to Japan in 1989. lolz

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Lolz, do you think that's an 18 PE??

That says 135x, 2,818x, and 922x PE for 2018 EPS.
                      Just a general observation on avg of what things are trading at. Talking heads said 18-1 or some shit which is high if you go back in history. I guess markets will figure it out.

Comment

Just a general observation on avg of what things are trading at. Talking heads said 18-1 or some shit which is high if you go back in history. I guess markets will figure it out.
                        It's not an 18 PE. It's a 2818 PE and 992 PE. (and a 135 that clearly looks too low, I'm betting it's really higher)

Comment

I looked it up avg P/E on Sp 500 says like 24. I wonder if Rand Paul gonna really shut the govt down tonight? Market sure thought so

Comment

I looked it up avg P/E on Sp 500 says like 24. I wonder if Rand Paul gonna really shut the govt down tonight? Market sure thought so
                            I'm referencing cannabis stocks. All my posts were about cannabis stocks in reply to a post about cannabis stocks.

Comment

I don’t smoke dope or hash or any of that shit. Not sure why people like to invest in crap like that. Love the tags Always a dumbass hater out there,

Comment

I don’t smoke dope or hash or any of that shit. Not sure why people like to invest in crap like that. Love the tags Always a dumbass hater out there,
                                Probably the same reason people invest in alcohol or tobacco, because they believe there is money to be made there.

Comment

Working...
                                X