North Texas real estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
    Good luck on the 5k an acre part. I honestly don't know where there is land that cheap unless you cross the river to Oklahoma. Hell even as far out as Greenville and bonham is selling in the 10k range.. We bought and built a couple years ago, finally closed last April and our 2.33 acres appraised for 92k, just the land itself.. We paid about 1/3 of that though..
    Lone oak, commerce, celeste, Gainesville, Decatur, whiteright...etc have all had a few listings under 5K and acre. They're not too common but it's certainly out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Lone oak, commerce, celeste, Gainesville, Decatur, whiteright...etc have all had a few listings under 5K and acre. They're not too common but it's certainly out there.
      If it’s that cheap it’s usually crap (flat field, flood, etc) land. I’ve been looking again since deciding to list ours. I’m looking pretty much from Farmersville to Campbell, and as far south as Terrell to north of Leonard. I’ve found that if it’s priced right, when you make the drive to look there is some kind of surprise they didn’t picture or write about. Looked at some land in Celeste that had a damn gas pipeline or something running through it, utility easement and pipes everywhere. Not a single mention of it in the listing. I’ve found some gorgeous properties, but are unfortunately in the flood plain. There is one that I’m in love with, and even though it’s in flood I’m tempted to buy it anyways and just build up the foundation pad.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        To add places close to 75 - Howe and Tom Bean still have them. Have not checked Van Alstyne recently, but think our land price is getting high.

Whitewright - IMO is a nice compromise, but it will add 30ish minutes to any commute going south to Mckinney and beyond...etc. Whitewright is real nice if you can do most of your personal/professional stuff out of Sherman.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          To add places close to 75 - Howe and Tom Bean still have them. Have not checked Van Alstyne recently, but think our land price is getting high.

Whitewright - IMO is a nice compromise, but it will add 30ish minutes to any commute going south to Mckinney and beyond...etc. Whitewright is real nice if you can do most of your personal/professional stuff out of Sherman.
          We live in Van alstyne, just north of town, our lot appraised for around 40k an acre. It had no utilities, no entry point, was terribly over grown, etc. it's crazy where prices have gone.

Also one of my neighbors just bought a 5 acre lot that backs up to his property for close to 200k.
          Last edited by Blackpony; 02-16-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
            I'd hate to be buying right now. Houses by me are going for 110k over what they were 5 years ago.
            That is spot on correct. In 2012, I bought my house in Denton for $210K. I sold it last April for exactly $315K.

Just imagine what will happen to home values if Amazon decides to put HQ2 in DFW. It kinda makes me wish I had stayed. Actually, there are several things that make me wish I stayed. I miss Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              We live in Van alstyne, just north of town, our lot appraised for around 40k an acre. It had no utilities, no entry point, was terribly over grown, etc. it's crazy where prices have gone.

Also one of my neighbors just bought a 5 acre lot that backs up to his property for close to 200k.
              Yeah, I live west of town and a 1 acre lot was 40K 6 years ago (still open lots though!). East and north though have some wide open spaces still, was unsure if they were cheaper.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
              X