Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Get some straps or your back and traps will forever be limited by your forearms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    I am putting them on my list of things to bring back with me when I go home next.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I'm sitting about 245-250ish these days without change in diet. I'm told I look like I'm getting skinnier, but still afraid when I see the scale move up lol. Bright side is lifts are still improving and hit a new pb on flat bench with 315 for about 3.5 reps before my spotter had to upright row it. I'm happy that I can do it, since I've been working out with 225 forever, 99% of my workouts are solo, and mainly been concentrating on dumbells, which I'm about to max those out at 120's. Still grinding day in and day out. Working around injuries and the body is just getting old and showing its age. I'm far from strong, but I'm way further along from where I started.
      2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Well shit. Some asshat stole one of each the 35 and 50 pound kellebells from our gym here. Gonna have to do some more modifications to our routines. As if our equipment was limited enough already, someone has to pilfer what we do have. On the upside though, the gym is being moved closer to our office and they have some new equipment supposed to be coming in within a month.

Comment

• Surely word will get out, it's not like kettlebells are easy to hide, or inconspicuous to use.

Comment

• 1 month since I turned 40 and I've been in the gym routine since. 2 days weights and light cardio, 1 day cardio/kettlebells and 1 day off, repeat.

I feel great. My strength has gone up using the app 5/3/1 from www.blackironbeast.com I only started this because I have 2 partners here that keep me going and that is what they are on. So I joined them in their routine and just completed the first 3 weeks. Next week starts the deload lighter weight week. Week after next we start all over again with new max weight numbers.

Not sure if I have lost any weight but I feel much stronger and can feel the difference in my legs and core.

Comment

• Anyone workout at la fitness in duncanville? ?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
              You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

• I've worked out in L.A., does that count?

Comment

• Feeling pretty good where I'm at right now at 47 y/o. Have lost 20lbs in the last two months just by eliminating regular sodas and bread. Have concentrated on low carb intake for now. Haven't lost any strength (yet) as I have before when losing weight. Have another 30lbs to go before being content.
                  Last edited by SS Junk; 11-21-2022, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Checking in for accountability. I'm still at it. Yesterday was the first day in over a month that I could do bench press after a small set back I had. On a warm up set on the bench a several weeks back I pulled something in my deltoid towards the back where it meets the tricep. Knocked me out for any pushing exercise. I finally got to get back into overhead press a couple weeks ago but on the bench it just wasn't happening. I think I have been pushing the bar with my hands too far apart and putting too much strain on my shoulder and not my chest.

Comment

• It happens Keith. I've almost had an issue or two similar to that in the past. I could feel a little strain on a muscle that normally isn't felt but mine was on the inner part of the delt. Fortunately I was able to complete that rep and stop before hurting myself. Hope you make a full recovery.

As far as my progress goes, I had backed off the cardio a lot and can tell I've been getting a little pudgier. The current supplement I'm taking doesn't help much with regards to putting on some fat too but sometimes I have to take the bad with the good. I have another 7 weeks on this regimen and then I'll be leaning out some more.

Comment

• Thanks George. I caught it and stopped pushing. I've tried overhead press a few times with lighter weights and could still feel it pulling a little bit so I backed off.

I think all is well now. Felt great to get my bench in the other day and even at the numbers and reps the program said to use off my initial max numbers.

Today was squats. No partner but I pushed through them. Yes, pun.

Couple more weeks and I should be home. I want to get my T levels checked just to see where I am at along with a full work up of blood work too. I would like to maybe start up on some T for a little higher number than what a doc would prescribe.

Comment

• I worked chest again yesterday. I decided to go up in 10lb increments though I still did a few reps/set instead of just one max rep. Here's yesterday's report after a warm up...

Flat Bench

7 x 65's
                          7 x 75's
                          5 x 85's

The last set was where I struggled to get into position. I could lay flat but it took a second or two to get my arms and grip right. After that, my form was good. My heart was pumping and I was beginning to feel a little light headed. I thought that was it so I backed off a little and switched to the incline bench next.

Incline Bench

7 x 70's
                          7 x 70's
                          7 x 70's

I felt like I still had some steam in me so I went back to the flat bench to finish off.

Flat Bench
                          7 x 80's
                          3 x 85's
                          3 x 80's

It feels like my body dynamics just can't maneuver the 85's comfortably. Once I'm in position and get the first lift out of the way, I was good with more reps but getting into position is a little tough. Granted I'm 5'5" which is why I'm thinking the counter weight of the 85's just makes it tough or maybe I need to just keep working. I don't intend to workout with 85's and up long term, just wanted to see what I could do.

Seems like I've come a long way from having a hard time with 55's with my home gym.

Thoughts?!

Comment

• George it took me a minute to figure out the weights there, then I figured out "dumbells".

That is a good amount of weight. We don't have any dumbells out here. Only bars and plates. At home I have up to 75lbs. The most I could ever do were the 75s for 8 reps when I had a better gym on camps.

I am still hitting my routine right on the money. Just got back from deadlift and lower back day.

Heading home in 7 days so I need to stick with it and then some. My wife is gonna flat wear me out when I get home with her routines.

Comment

• Thanks man. I'm happy with my progress. Although I won't be doing that often due to my shoulder joints starting to punk out. Sign of old age I guess.

If you're referring to your wife's honey-do list, that shit can wait

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                                Thanks man. I'm happy with my progress. Although I won't be doing that often due to my shoulder joints starting to punk out. Sign of old age I guess.

If you're referring to your wife's honey-do list, that shit can wait
                                What honey-do wants me to do is some of her Insanity or other Beach Body workouts. She has been doing 2-a-days 5 to 6 times a week for the past month or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X