No announcement yet.

GT350R at MSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but if you wad that thing up I get dibs on the engine/trans

I honestly never wish that on anyone... but you know, just in case...
    and I wouldn't even have to say that if Ford would just put the flat plane crank in the crate engine - those fuckers.

Comment

damn, that car sounds really good.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Thanks. The sound is pretty surreal. I wish you could really capture it. I used an external mic with a sock and it's still not quite there. I had a modded GTR who was eating my lunch go into the paddock and then come back out on the track behind me which I pointed to go around after the second straight and he waived me off. When we got back he came up to the car immediately and was like "that is the best sounding car I've ever heard", I had to get back in behind you so I could hear it run a couple laps. lol

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
          Thanks. The sound is pretty surreal. I wish you could really capture it. I used an external mic with a sock and it's still not quite there. I had a modded GTR who was eating my lunch go into the paddock and then come back out on the track behind me which I pointed to go around after the second straight and he waived me off. When we got back he came up to the car immediately and was like "that is the best sounding car I've ever heard", I had to get back in behind you so I could hear it run a couple laps. lol
          Maybe that could be a new Ford slogan.

The new GT350R!

It sounds so awesome that the competition will happily lose, just so they can hear its roar!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I guess the bluebonnet deal went south?
            That was the $15M deal that was turned away... I haven't talked to Charles in several months but I think his position at this point is "sure, go build some houses while I wait for you to come back and beg me to buy the place from you for half my offer in a year....ass."

Comment

Nice job on having the balls to take it out on the track.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Looks like the owner is McAlister Opportunity Fund 2012. So, this Mc guy pools money from high net worth investors looking for private equity investments and then pisses it away or at least some of it like on the soon to be failed investment at TWS.

Seems pretty shady. So, Jim McAlister is a principal and a much younger Hydie McAlister is another principal. Either his daughter or second or third or fourth wife. Then a few other people run these big RE investment funds. Check out the "our team" section.

Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

We should do a gofundme account to buy TWS and ECR as a mutually owned entity.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                    LOL! I did not play that at first....but I think THAT may be in car of my first EVER time on a race track! Talk about blast from the past that I have lost!!!!! WOW! Look at the drag racing driving style all gangster and shit!!!!

please lose that now....please!
                    LOL! That day was a blast! Including the drag race down the stretch nearly collecting both! Good times, good times.
                    (I'll keep the rest of the videos for my own enjoyment. )
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                      We should do a gofundme account to buy TWS and ECR as a mutually owned entity.
                      speaking of ECR, anyone have the scoop on that place lately?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

i was there last month for their open track day for the first time this year. the surface is rough as ever.

they said there was two buyers who were taking it over that following monday and would be changing to a much more membership based club and wanted to redo the track and build housing. seemed ambitious and not worth it IMO but what do i know.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I think the last NASA race this year is supposed to be there contingent on a good surface, same situation as last year and we never made it there because of the surface.
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            I think the last NASA race this year is supposed to be there contingent on a good surface, same situation as last year and we never made it there because of the surface.
                            just to have the lemons race, they had to rebuild a flag stand and bring in a buttload of dirt to fill a washout on the side of the track. They dont have anything but "member days" showing on thier calender.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                              Looks like the owner is McAlister Opportunity Fund 2012. So, this Mc guy pools money from high net worth investors looking for private equity investments and then pisses it away or at least some of it like on the soon to be failed investment at TWS.

Seems pretty shady. So, Jim McAlister is a principal and a much younger Hydie McAlister is another principal. Either his daughter or second or third or fourth wife. Then a few other people run these big RE investment funds. Check out the "our team" section.

http://www.mcalisterinv.com/index.html
                              I have... if you look at their "real estate investment plan" they basically try to take possession of something and make 20% on a short term less than 3 yrs or double it in 5 to 7 years usually by doing NOTHING AT ALL with the property or having someone else throw money at it. Well, those someone else's aren't looking to throw $50+ million at a MUD in College station right now.... LOL!

Comment

What a joke. Idiots who invest with people like that boggle my mind. Normally PE firms like this that take other peoples money (OPM) are doing it because they don't want to put their own money at risk and want a free ride on carried interest.

Cannot believe anyone was stupid enough to buy TWS to tear it down and build a mixed used development and high-end residential. Just the demo costs, remediation costs, infrastructure costs are WAY higher than other, probably cheaper property in the BCS area. But, what do I know, I'm just a glorified accountant.
                                Ford
                                GM
                                Toyota
                                VAG

Comment

Working...
                                X