Project - 1967 F100 SW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project - 1967 F100 SW

Well, after looking for a solid 67-72 F100 Shortbed pretty much for the last 2 years, I finally found one that I think I'll be happy with. Picked it up this afternoon, after making a deal with the previous owner. They had owned it since 1981, and had been passed down from father to son. Right now, its a 20 footer. Its a single stage paint (grey) that's a little rough. Wheels are kinda old school, but will be gone as soon as i can find what I want to replace them with.

I've got quite a few plans for the truck, but its a real solid one to start with..and that was the key. (And also the reason it took so long to find one) But, I cant wait to start tearing this one down.

What I really like about the truck, is the current drivetrain. Its runs like a son of a bitch, and sounds disgustingly narly!

396, Heads/Cam/Intake/Longtubes w/cutouts/built C6

My plans are to do all paint/body, buy all new chrome trim, some suspension mods, and a nice set of wheels and tires. This is just going to be a real nice weekend cruiser. Either way, thought I'd post them up. I made the mistake of selling my 72' a couple of years ago, but since this ones a shortbed...I will probably keep this one a while.

Added a quick Video. Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality, but its cold and rainy here. Just trying to give an idea of what this beast sounds like. Although, video does it no justice. Just idle, and a slight blip of the throttle. Once again...not professional quality..or even close. just trying to record the exhaust tone.

Added an interior pic. It's cold and rainy here today, so I will add some engine pics when I can pull it out of the garage. Some pretty nice gauges, an aftermarket "polished" steering wheel/column, and of course the "beast" of a shifter. B&M ratchet. I really, really like this truck.

Last edited by Bringit; 12-15-2011, 01:03 PM.
    sigpic

Looks good. Those are about the only body style of old ford trucks i like.

How are you supposed to change lanes?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      With the pedal on the right.

My stang has no mirror either and the DS points to nothing.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

No shit. It took a while getting use to on the drive home. I'm sure, I will find some to put on there. There's not a mirror on either side.
        sigpic

Comment

That thing is full of potential!!! Winnar!!!!

Comment

That is a great looking truck.

Comment

Nice bump side.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Lets hear it. I dig it though.

Comment

Grill looks like a 68/69 to me. All 67's I ever saw the grills were painted and all the bars where the same thickness. My granddad had one and I wanted that truck so bad for years.

But still, a good looking truck!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Grill looks like a 68/69 to me. All 67's I ever saw the grills were painted and all the bars where the same thickness. My granddad had one and I wanted that truck so bad for years.

But still, a good looking truck!

Yea, I'm sure there are several parts/pieces that are not original to the truck.
                    I don't mind though.
                    sigpic

Comment

tits it is

Comment

Nice truck! But 396? Bored 390?

Comment

Sweet! I want another f100, just one older one like this thing. Once I sell my drifter, I shall find a clean f100. Noice!

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                            Nice truck! But 396? Bored 390?
                            Yes. 390 out of a 69 model. He is going to email the entire list of everything done to the motor to me, for my personal benefit. Theres a ton of receipts and things that i need to go through. I would have rather found an original unmolested truck, but when he fired it up for the first time, and then when I layed into it for the first time....I was done. Had to have it.

The other bonus, is that he had a bunch of brand new parts still in the boxes. He was going to change the tranny over to a manual...So, it's a brand new Centerforce clutch, Lakewood bell housing, flywheel, mcleod clutch fork etc. I'm sure I can sell most of it.
                            Last edited by Bringit; 12-10-2011, 11:53 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fuck yeah!
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X