Gun purchase ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun purchase ?

Say I was in Florida and was at a gun store there, if I saw a great deal, could I buy it being from Texas?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

My understanding is that they’d have to ship it to an FFL in TX to finish the paperwork.
    2012 GT500

Comment

I’m not too sure you can’t. I once bought a shotgun in West Virginia when I lived in PA and walked out with it. Not sure if there’s a difference in long gun vs pistol but they still do the federal check so I am assuming it applies. This was at a Bass Pro too.

Comment

Different location but when I lived in Albuquerque I was legally able to purchase an AR15 from Sportsmans Warehouse, but when I tried to purchase a handgun I was told I could not buy a handgun with a Texas ID, only long guns. Laws vary from state to state.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          My understanding is that they’d have to ship it to an FFL in TX to finish the paperwork.
          This.

Comment

First. If you are on vacation in Florida and you are spending time in gun stores looking for good deals, you are doing something wrong. Second. Don't think it's legal. Quick Google search came up with multiple links although some are old, I'm sure they still hold up. As mentioned previously, I think this mostly deals with handguns and not long guns.

This comes to mind.

Third. Your better off spending time looking for deals online on sites such as Gun Broker or Armslist. You can do it from the comfort of your home, while at home. Not when you are on vacation. Yes you have to deal with doing an FFL Transfer and paying a little more for that and possibly shipping. Generally you may not have to pay for taxes.

Comment

Handguns have to be shipped to an FFL in your home state. Long guns are regulated by the laws of the state that you live in. It used to be that Texas allows Texas residence to purchase long guns in contiguous states; that law may have changed. In the early 90s when I travel the Midwest for work I would usually hit every gun store and whatever City I found myself in. My favorite gun store was one called Bongs in Tulsa. There was another one somewhere in the midwest that dealt in really high-end guns but I don't remember its name or where it was located.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                Handguns have to be shipped to an FFL in your home state. Long guns are regulated by the laws of the state that you live in. It used to be that Texas allows Texas residence to purchase long guns in contiguous states; that law may have changed. In the early 90s when I travel the Midwest for work I would usually hit every gun store and whatever City I found myself in. My favorite gun store was one called Bongs in Tulsa. There was another one somewhere in the midwest that dealt in really high-end guns but I don't remember its name or where it was located.
                "Bong's" ??? LOL.. Jes a tad off there! DONG'S is the store! Located on Admiral. Tons of stuff but never cheap!
                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                  "Bong's" ??? LOL.. Jes a tad off there! DONG'S is the store! Located on Admiral. Tons of stuff but never cheap!
                  I ain't googling dongs, not mater how nice you make it seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    I ain't googling dongs, not mater how nice you make it seem.
                    LOL!!! Trust me!!

Comment

When I worked the gun counter at Academy in college we would only sell pistols to Texas residents, but long guns to any state that touched TX. I bought a long gun in NM with no problem 7ish years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                        Are you sure it's Dong's and not Oversized Clit's?
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Are you sure it's Dong's and not Oversized Clit's?

God, how I love this place!!!

click on this if you dare!!

Comment

Place gun in car. Drive home. Or have someone else buy it for you.
                            WH

Comment

Working...
                            X