Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an older AM4 processor I could borrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an older AM4 processor I could borrow?

So I bought a new Ryzen 5600X and a used Asus Prime X570-P. Seller advised me he didn't think the BIOS would support the 3rd gen until flashed.

I thought I could pick up an older AM4 on the cheap, but really I can't find anything under $50 shipped.

If anyone has a CPU on this list that I can borrow for a day, or less, I would appreciate it.

Best PC compatible CPUs for Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard PC hardware list. Build a Asus Prime X570-P compatible PC with our PC builder

It can be pretty much any AM4 CPU from what I can tell.

Microcenter was allowing you to take a mobo in like that and they'll flash it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Microcenter was allowing you to take a mobo in like that and they'll flash it for you.
      Yeah, but man $30 + tax. I can get a CPU for $50 and possibly resell it.

Comment

I think so, but I might know someone back in Texas w/a cpu you could use. I'll post back up in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          Yeah, but man $30 + tax. I can get a CPU for $50 and possibly resell it.
          I really do not think you're going to find one for $50 unless its a friend deal.

I'd let you use one if I had one.

Comment

I think I have an old Pentium 4 in a box somewhere you can have

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              I really do not think you're going to find one for $50 unless its a friend deal.

I'd let you use one if I had one.
              I appreciate the good will at least!

And here is what I plan on buying and then holding in case someone else runs into this issue:

Comment

I don't know the details of that particular motherboard but..

Typically it's really easy to flash a bios. I've even done it on video cards. One youtube search will probably get you everything you need. Done at your house for free by you
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                  I appreciate the good will at least!

And here is what I plan on buying and then holding in case someone else runs into this issue:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-A6-9500...gAAOSwHVVfn1iZ
                  I'd be particularly concerned at that price that it may well be dead

Comment

Working...
                  X