Current best phone for the coin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    It truly is the best phone for the money, especially if you prefer a smaller device.
    I have an xs, but just got my son the se128 new in box on Craigslist for 350.. it’s a very impressive little phone for the money.. I miss the home button now that you gotta wear masks everywhere
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      You would think with tech being where it is now shit would work right. I know it was a factory refurb but for 600.00 at the time you would think a new 4 xl Pixel would work right. Just like this laptop I have. It was no slouch when I bought it a few years ago, now it won't shut down right and I haven't owned it a real long time, maybe three years. Solid state hard drive, ge force GTX graphics card, and a big FU. I don't mind paying a little extra but I expect shit to work right for a bit.

I really have been tempted to try apple. My wife wrecked android phone after phone, switched to apple and has never complained once. That was 7 or 8 years ago.
      I used to be very pro android and been with apple since the 5 was released.. no way I’d ever go back
      Last edited by Stephen; 09-29-2020, 06:00 AM.
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

My last work phone was an iPhone and I was not a fan. Probably had to do with just being accustomed to Android, but even after almost 3 years it never grew on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          My last work phone was an iPhone and I was not a fan. Probably had to do with just being accustomed to Android, but even after almost 3 years it never grew on me.
          For me, the UX and navigation isn't intuitive. Tapping an arbitrary corner of the screen to "go back" instead of a dedicated back button, or at least a gesture(which I'm sure they have in some form now, but I still don't know what that is), has always been a problem for me. When someone hands me an iPhone, it's like they're expecting me to know how to read Farsi. I'm lost AF.

Comment

For me, the UX and navigation isn't intuitive. Tapping an arbitrary corner of the screen to "go back" instead of a dedicated back button, or at least a gesture(which I'm sure they have in some form now, but I still don't know what that is), has always been a problem for me. When someone hands me an iPhone, it's like they're expecting me to know how to read Farsi. I'm lost AF.
            Well, in all honesty, that's the way Android is going too. With Android 11 I finally enabled gesture navigation and gave up my buttons. It's taking some getting used to but it is somewhat intuitive. Swipe up to go to the home screen, swipe from the side to go back, swipe up and hold to navigate through open apps... I struggled the first week, especially when trying to show someone a pic or something. lol

Comment

I haven't had buttons on a the face of a phone since my S6. Took a little bit to get used to, but I love the extra real-estate now.

I believe you can still enable onscreen buttons if you want to though.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                I haven't had buttons on a the face of a phone since my S6. Took a little bit to get used to, but I love the extra real-estate now.

I believe you can still enable onscreen buttons if you want to though.
                Yeah, you can by disabling gesture navigation..

Comment

I know Google is headed to gesture nav, but I doubt they'll ever fully depricate the "soft buttons" entirely. If anything, I'm sure a simple launcher swap would be all that's needed to bring them back, should Google see fit to remove the option from their launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Yeah, you can by disabling gesture navigation..
                    Don't you ellipses me mother fucker!
                    sigpic

Comment

They're locking you into their service for 2 more years, whereas if you bought it outright and ended up unhappy with the service, you can take the phone to any other carrier w/out fear of penalties.

Comment

They're locking you into their service for 2 more years, whereas if you bought it outright and ended up unhappy with the service, you can take the phone to any other carrier w/out fear of penalties.
                        I feel like you are talking to yourself here............

599.00 is not a bad price and I am hovering over the pre order button on the 5. Still eyeballing Apple but I really hate to have a andriod phone and tab at work and iPhone personnel. . The V71 or whatever I just got for work makes me realize how dated mine is. I mean it doesn't do anything exceptional I need but the screen res is so much nicer.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

If anyone is interested i have a sprint galaxy s7 that ill let go for 50 dollars picked up, its just sitting here. Dont know what kindve upgrade it might be as i dont keep up with phones that much.

Comment

599.00 is not a bad price and I am hovering over the pre order button on the 5. Still eyeballing Apple but I really hate to have a andriod phone and tab at work and iPhone personnel. . The V71 or whatever I just got for work makes me realize how dated mine is. I mean it doesn't do anything exceptional I need but the screen res is so much nicer.
                            If you've no plans to change carriers, jump on that offer like stink on shit, otherwise, you're locking yourself into a 2yr contract with re-letting fees.
                            Originally posted by blackedv View Post
                            If anyone is interested i have a sprint galaxy s7 that ill let go for 50 dollars picked up, its just sitting here. Dont know what kindve upgrade it might be as i dont keep up with phones that much.
                            Bud, you're better off hopping on Swappa or just donating it. Besides the depreciation of the tech, the battery would be a bit on the wimpy side due to age and usage.

Comment

He was probably responding to the post I deleted, after I saw the fine print about adding a new line.

Comment

Possibly, but he quoted me.

Comment

Working...
                                X