• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 years later

Back in a Mustang!!!

Nice.

Comment

Congrats, it looks just like the one I bought except Black. I almost bought a black one from Autonation in Frisco but I scored that Kona Blue Pearl from a dealer in Arkansas.

Oh and be prepared to be cussing when you are cleaning those wheels, they suck! They look good but are a PITA to clean, especially being black. I'm having a clear bra installed as we speak, so when I get it back I'm going to put some ceramic wax on them to help keep them from dusting up.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah, well, must be nice to have one that ain't from 1994
        WH

Comment

lol,
          I tried to find a new one in primer to bring me back to the good ole days, strangely no one had that color.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Yeah, well, must be nice to have one that ain't from 1994

Comment

And in case you haven't tried them yet, those Brembos work.
            I had some asshat that was lost and just decided to stop in the middle of the road yesterday, the car in front of him barely stopped and if it wasn't for those brakes, my new 5.0 would be fubar today.
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

New Wheels

Comment

If I was going to buy a new one, that's what it would look like. I think I'd like the new wheels more if the rears had some dish. What size tires are you running back there? Those look healthy.

Comment

those are 325/30/19's on the back. on an 11inch wheel.

I am thinking of sending these off and having them PVD coated chrome. The picture when I bought them looked way more silver.

Comment

I think it looks bad ass the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
                      those are 325/30/19's on the back. on an 11inch wheel.

I am thinking of sending these off and having them PVD coated chrome. The picture when I bought them looked way more silver.
                      Did you sell your old wheels and tires? If you still have them I may be interested at the right price.

Also when your new wheels get PVD chrome coated let me know who, how much and post pics, I'd love to see how they turn out...

Comment

Rick, I still have the old wheels and tires. The tires are worn out. Back have tread to drive on but I wouldnt drive in the rain with em. The Front tires have bad inside wear (some steel belting showing). They still have the TPMS sensors in them so any price for the wheel would have to take that into account. Those fuckers are pricey. Basically you would get the tires for free

The wheels are the staggered set.
                        19x9 in front
                        19x9.5 in back

Comment

Rick, I still have the old wheels and tires. The tires are worn out. Back have tread to drive on but I wouldnt drive in the rain with em. The Front tires have bad inside wear (some steel belting showing). They still have the TPMS sensors in them so any price for the wheel would have to take that into account. Those fuckers are pricey. Basically you would get the tires for free

19x9 in front
                          19x9.5 in back
                          Careful. He'll try to diddle you, for sure.

Comment

19x9 in front
                            19x9.5 in back
                            PM Sent!

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Careful. He'll try to diddle you, for sure.
                            Bitch, that was our little secret and I've seenT you telling everyone lately!?

Comment

I went to Cedar Creek Lake drag strip last night (1/8th mile) Best time was an 8.09. The damn computer kept pulling power even with advanced trac off in Drag mode. it would hit 3rd or 4 th (sometimes in 1st and 2nd) and just fall on its face after a little wheel spin. At some point I read that the 6G mustang computer will still interfere with the advanced trac turned off, and my track expierence confirmed this. I found few threads about disabling the nannies fully by pulling a plug under the hood. I am stoked to get out there again and try running with this plug unplugged.

There was one run where it shifted into 4th and lost a little traction and I thought I broke something. My foot was on the floor and it wasn't doing shit....no pedal what so ever. I let out and looked around, pressed the pedal again and the car proceeded to accelerate again.

Apparently this isn't new information to some people, but I thought I would post it up here. I was at the track last night, and met another S550 owner who used to be a ford tech. He showed me this little jumper plug Ford put in the traction/stability control system. When removed it completely...

FYI for anyone interested. I would love to hear back from anyone unplugging this plug at the drag strip. It will be a little while until I can make it to the Dragstrip again.

Comment

Working...
                              X