Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sup y'all! Long time no see! Showing off the Vette.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup y'all! Long time no see! Showing off the Vette.

Been a couple years since I logged in on here and thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing plus show some updates of my current project.
    So is everyone doing okay? Make it through the covid BS alive? Anyone have any interesting car projects going on?

Here is my Vette that I showed y'all that I bought 5 years ago. I was the 2nd owner and at that time it was a kinda real Lingenfelter 505hp car. I say kinda real as it wasnt sold new with the kit but its first owner did send it to Lingenfelter for the whole package ($16,000) to be installed. I ended up trading it for a 2004 AMG E55 ex show car for Carbon Creations and then a year latter I bought it back. I did a lot of work to it and then gave up after it kept eating axles and clutches and sold it again. Earlier this year that owner called me up and let me know they found a $4500 clutch that can hold up and that I could buy the car back for 5 grand less than what he paid me 2 years prior and he only put 2000 miles on so I couldnt pass it up.
    He put an ugly big cowl CF hood on it (which I removed the first day) and pulled out the brand new seats I installed for some racing seats so those too were yanked so I could put the full power comfort seats back in and he also put a smallish CF rear wing on it which it did need as the rear did get a tad lite after 160 MPH. I still wanted to remove it but its drilled into the car so its staying for now. I plan on doing the CF wide body quarters as the 335 drag radials dont fit perfectly hw had installed and would rub bad due o worn springs. The nose was also only 1/2" off the ground due to the iron engine and blower.
    Car is FULLY built with a Texas Speed 408 built to handle 2200 HP (its only at half that right now), custom heads, A&A YSi blower, RPM LVL VI trans, LVL5 rear end with braces, DSS 1500hp axles (which for some reason are now rated at 1200 hp after it sheered them twice), dual stage meth injection, triple 750 magnum pumps, CF drive shaft (torque tube), Wilwood big brake kit, custom made True Forged wheels in 18" all around with a spare pair of 17" rears for drag radials and I also did the rear brake and LCA mod with the billet spindles so it can also hold a 15" slick which I probably wont ever install since the car has destroyed two sets of those axles. I think it was from wheel hop though and the tripple disc carbon ceramic clutch it has now.
    So I am its 2nd, 4th and 6th owner. LOL Car was a bit worse for wear now so I have spent some time getting the motor back up to snuff and just yesterday did a coilover conversion which I should have done long ago as its the single best mod I have done. Car rides better than my Jaguar XLR and no more wheel hop plus its fully stable and controllable now when it does break the tires loose with no "snap" swing back when you correct and no longer sends the ass sideways when it does break traction.
    Did the axle back too as I heard a rattle in the exhaust. Turns out I never noticed that the 2; primaries that feed into a full 3" exhaust that was choked down to 2.5" at the axle so the car ballooned out both mufflers and split their cases. Its now a full 3" exhaust and probably freed up another 30 or so HP.
    Car made 1069 rwhp and 952 rwtq on corn on a day that was 98* with 90% humidity and a 3800 DA. Car peaks HP at 6300 RPM right now as its still on the factory LS6 plenum and throttle body. Now that the exhaust is corrected and I plan on getting a BTR plenum with a Nick Williams throttle body I am confident it will crack 1200 rwhp since it was built to spin to 7700 RPM but the mufflers and stock intake are holding it back.
    He did do some good mods with that clutch that now holds the power and he upgraded the master/slave to Ticks setup and added an MGW shifter so the car does shift MUCH better than before but has become more race carish because its a hell of a clutch to properly modulate off the line. People always think I am trying to race because if I dont bring it to 2k RPM with a slow slip then the car just bogs down or stalls. Its perfect for a 4k launch though and shifts killer at 7500 rpm.
    Since I have been just correcting its issues since I got it back its very dirty now. Just waiting for the rain to stop so I can freshen her back up. I was undecided on the roof wrap he did but after being pulled over 3 times now and that roof getting me out of any tickets, well I guess its staying. LOL
    So here are some shots of it. 2002 Z51 coupe. Still has full interior, cold AC and has a full sound system.

This is how it looked the day I bought it back for the 3rd time. I really hated that hood. LOL REALLY hated the seats.

And here is the mods I did before selling it the second time:

Last edited by LaserSVT; 05-27-2021, 12:57 AM.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Welcome back!

Nice car!

Let me know when you want to get gapped by another black vette.

Comment

And here is how she sits now after doing the exhaust change (included a pic of the old mufflers), seat change, hood change and coilover conversion which I just LOVE!

Old exhaust it broke. This is while we were doing the coil over conversion yesterday.

And the new coilovers and new (well used but it was free from a friend and is a full 3" B&B Route 66 system). I wanted the car to quiet down some and they are supposed to be the quietest mufflers made for the car. Its still "piss your neighbors off" loud but not nearly as bad as it was and has a much nicer tone now. I have included a little sound clip as well as a walk around video with the old exhaust.

Rear shock adjustments come up through the floor as thats the only way to get to them. 24 way adjustable and you can go from Lincoln Town Car glide to Porsche GT2 "I am going to shake your filling out and destroy your back" LOL

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Old walk around video and the new exhaust sound now.

Just a quick idle video of my 2002 C5 with minor bolt-ons.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Welcome back!

Nice car!

Let me know when you want to get gapped by another black vette.
          Thank you sir! And I would love to run her even though you will destroy me. LOL. I hope to have the BTR intake and NW TB done by my birthday and then me and a buddy are coming up to Dallas on the 13th to do Laps For Charity at the super speedway. It should be closer to 1200 rwhp then.

This was just a quick 1/2 throttle shot my friend asked me to do so he could record the exhaust tone:

Comment

Poor thing really needs to see its detailer. Its tripple ceramic coated so it should shine back up easily. Previous owner never seemed to clean the wheels though so my detailer will hav to spend some time re polishing the lips. Not gonna be easy since its a real 3 piece wheel and had all them bolts.

And yes, thats a Mini Cooper S. I hate it but my wife has been asking for one for years so I wanted to surprise her for Christmas last year with her own "toy" car to enjoy but as luck would have it as I was on my way home with it so I could hide it and freshen up its paint and such before Christmas she called me and said she was just in an accident and totaled the Acura I just got her that she wanted. So instead of a surprise gift I gave it to her the next day as her daily. She REALLY wants a slightly older green 2 door Jeep thats lifted and an automatic as she refuses to drive stick. I hate Jeeps and a lifted Wrangler is just so awful on the highway but she loves them so that will probably be her birthday gift this year if I can just find a good one thats not an arm and a leg.

Comment

I like that roof

Comment

That roof has saved me from 3 bad tickets so far. I know there area lot of bad cops and the media loves to show them but there are so many more good cops that when they come up to the car and see the roof they get real polite, ask me to slow it down, thank me for my support and send me on my way with a verbal warning.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  Thank you sir! And I would love to run her even though you will destroy me. LOL. I hope to have the BTR intake and NW TB done by my birthday and then me and a buddy are coming up to Dallas on the 13th to do Laps For Charity at the super speedway. It should be closer to 1200 rwhp then.

This was just a quick 1/2 throttle shot my friend asked me to do so he could record the exhaust tone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWfgbjZytyw
                  Looks like it pulls hard! I’ve always loved the c5, I just never went down that path.
                  1200whp in a c5 would be a lot of fun.

Enjoy it man

Comment

Welcome back. Vette looks nasty. I'm shocked that you still have it, you give me a run for my money on car swapping.

Comment

Looks slow.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        Welcome back. Vette looks nasty. I'm shocked that you still have it, you give me a run for my money on car swapping.
                        Its fuuny as I an the cars 2nd, 4th and 6th owner. LOL It refuses to leave home.
                        Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                        Looks slow.

CN
                        It is and can barley do 160 before I have to shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Looks like it pulls hard! I’ve always loved the c5, I just never went down that path.
                          1200whp in a c5 would be a lot of fun.

Enjoy it man
                          It is a lot of fun. Thanks. Before I do the intake I am doing the front plate mod.
                          With the big intercooler and the 2" primary long tubes it really builds up the heat under the hood so next round is to help get air in and out of the engine bay. I also need to widebody the rear so the 335s fir better so after I do the plenum and TB I am making some minor body changes.

Comment

I wouldn't even ride shotgun with that stupid ass sticker on the roof. So cringe. You know you're not supposed to deep throat the boot, right?

Comment

Looks like a death trap.

Comment

Working...
                              X