I know its a Mustang site but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know its a Mustang site but....

I have now owned 32 Mustangs. Been through a couple Cobras since last time on here but just recently I had a major milestone for me. I have bad car ADD so usually go through 6-7 a year so it came as a surprise to find out I have now owned my Denali for over 5 years! I have never owned a vehicle more than 1.5 years before this. LOL The truck is so comfortable and quickish and dead nuts reliable that I cant get rid of it. I STOLE it from the dealer 5 years ago and 3 months ago they offered me a check for 3k more than I paid for it after putting 5k miles on it.
    I wont sell it though as I have done too much to it. Truck now has an absolute world class stereo in it with some parts being one offs and some speakers simply are not obtainable any more.
    The sound system consists of 30 year old Infinity EMIT tweeters, Audio Development mm series 4" midranges, Audio Development Vipera F6 mid bass drivers, Stereo Integrity TM65s rear speakers and all 3 prototype Stereo Integrity amplifiers. I am running Audiofrog GB series 12" subs at the moment but have SI SQL12 sitting on the spare bed waiting to go in for next months audio competition.
    System was built around the driver so all speakers are digitally time aligned and aimed at my head for a perfect sound stage.

Also ended up doing a GPI stage 2 VVT cam, Johnson lifters, Gibson exhaust and a custom tune with a 3800 stall in it. Trucks 6.2 is making 450 rwhp now and is still my daily driver thats a lot of fun to play with. I keep the turck very sleeperish looking and the last mod is the Wilwood 6 piston 16" brake system I am awaiting thats been on back order till July and then the truck will be done.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Nice stereo!

I have the Stereo Integrity BM MKIII 12" shallow mount sub in mine with everything else being FOCAL. I also spent $700 on sound deadening and the results were well worth the time stripping the interior. The one thing I'll do different next time is retaining the OEM head unit. I replaced mine and I honestly miss the simplicity of the OEM unit, plus the newer trucks are going to giant screens so an aftermarket head unit is likely a thing of the past for the higher end models.

Comment

I guess I don't understand the whole aftermarket car audio thing. Maybe I'm getting too old. I once had JL Audio 12s and an amp, but I was in High School.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        Nice stereo!

I have the Stereo Integrity BM MKIII 12" shallow mount sub in mine with everything else being FOCAL. I also spent $700 on sound deadening and the results were well worth the time stripping the interior. The one thing I'll do different next time is retaining the OEM head unit. I replaced mine and I honestly miss the simplicity of the OEM unit, plus the newer trucks are going to giant screens so an aftermarket head unit is likely a thing of the past for the higher end models.
        Yeah most new vehicles just use an add on DSP since the decks can already play anything. Adding a stand alone DSP will clean the factory signal for new amps/speakers.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I guess I don't understand the whole aftermarket car audio thing. Maybe I'm getting too old. I once had JL Audio 12s and an amp, but I was in High School.
          I was once into the "boom boom boom" systems but now I am into pure sound quality. In the truck is the only time I can grab some music I love and jam out without pissing off the neighbors. This system was built around reproducing music as accurately as possible. The sound quality this truck has is truley impressive and you hear things in songs you never heard before. Staging is perfect as well so its like you are sitting in front of the group while in the recording room. You can hear every nuance of the music. If you really love music (like I do) then you can understand it. If you just kind alike music and dont care whats playing then you wont get it.
          Thing I really like baout my setup is the deck fully interfaces with the truck and everyone thinks its stock but it has a 31band EQ per speaker, digital time alignment, ability to pick any style of crossover (Linkawitz, Burr Brown etc etc) as well as slope and exact frequency of every speaker so that everything blends perfectly. Truck also has $2000 in CLD, MLV and CCF so no matter how hard I pound it the truck does not rattle at all and while it can play to deafening levels inside, if the truck is closed up you simply cant hear the stereo at all if you are over a foot away. Its not a "hey listen to me" setup. Its a "I want the music to sound real" setup.
          I am also very lucky as I have great audio connections and write audio reviews so the amplifiers, rear speakers and subwoofers didnt cost me a dime even though its almost $5000 in stuff. Tweeters are worth a grand each but I got lucky and scored two pairs NIB and 30 years old for the price of shipping. The midranges are a grand but I got a demo set for $200. Only thing I paid almost full price on was the deck but thats because I bought it when they first came out. Funny thing is they are discontinued now but people still pay $2500 for them. It reads codes, resets codes, links to the OBD II so it also can show any gauge you want, read tire presure, select how the turn signals sound, if you want a door chime or seatbelt chime. It links with your phone so the NAV system is always up to date and lets you know when there is an accident and can reroute you.
          Its a neat piece of kit.

Comment

Nice pickup!

Let me know when you want to get gapped by another gray truck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Nice pickup!

Let me know when you want to get gapped by another gray truck!
              LMAO! Truck is SLOW. Its only 500hp. Heavy, even heavier with the stereo and heavier yet with my fat arse in it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                LMAO! Truck is SLOW. Its only 500hp. Heavy, even heavier with the stereo and heavier yet with my fat arse in it. LOL
                Goddamn. I can’t get a race in the vette or the pickup?

Comment

Sell that chevy piece of junk and get you a GT 350
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Sell that chevy piece of junk and get you a GT 350
                    I prefer engines that dont randomly break and then get told by the manufacturer to kick rocks because I voided the warranty by having 1 psi too much air in the tires.

That being said I got to play with my buddies new 2021 GT yesterday and I fell in love with that cars interior. So much cool tech. Mustangs have come a LONG way! Shame he paid 4x what I bought my Vette for only to lose by 4 busses before we even hit 100. That trans sure does shift fast though.

Comment

I prefer engines that dont randomly break and then get told by the manufacturer to kick rocks because I voided the warranty by having 1 psi too much air in the tires.

That being said I got to play with my buddies new 2021 GT yesterday and I fell in love with that cars interior. So much cool tech. Mustangs have come a LONG way! Shame he paid 4x what I bought my Vette for only to lose by 4 busses before we even hit 100. That trans sure does shift fast though.
                      Thats not legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Thats not legal.
                        That was a joke. I just have two friends that had GT350s and both around 5k had engine knock problems, both cars were stock and both were denied engine warranty replacements so both had to pay for the engine and both sold the cars right after.
                        It got me curious and there are a crap ton of videos on Youtube of people having the same issue with Ford not wanting to warranty the Voodoo engine.
                        Its really sad because when the new GT500 came out I put my name on the list and was approved and as I was picking options my tech came in the office and said "Hey check this out!" and showed me two different videos of new (under 10 miles) GT500s arriving at the dealer with rod or main bearing knock. So I never ordered the car and went back to hunting for the perfect Audi S8+ instead again.

Comment

Sweet truck and nice stereo. You seem to be doing pretty good for yourself. Congrats!

I still have those 2 SI subs I bought from you. Actually, I haven't even installed them yet. lol Been so busy.

If you will, once day, I'd like to check the stereo out in your truck. I've always heard those EMIT tweeters sounded good in a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                            Sweet truck and nice stereo. You seem to be doing pretty good for yourself. Congrats!

I still have those 2 SI subs I bought from you. Actually, I haven't even installed them yet. lol Been so busy.

If you will, once day, I'd like to check the stereo out in your truck. I've always heard those EMIT tweeters sounded good in a vehicle.
                            You are always welcome to come give it a listen. I am almost always in the truck for work. Man its been a while since I sold you those SI subs. LOL

And yes, the EMIT-N tweeters (to me anyway) are the best sounding tweeters ever made. So crisp and clear and clean.

Comment

Shame he paid 4x what I bought my Vette for only to lose by 4 busses before we even hit 100.
                              Not much of a comparison. A brand new car vs something you bought used and then added speed parts?
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X