DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Home Improvement and Media

Home Improvement and Media Post up any home improvement, home audio, gardening, anything related to your house in here.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #61
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people

Following this thread. Need to install a systems at my mom's. She is paying $80 for a system now.
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #62
Jose
Lifer

Was looking at starting a new thread when I came across this on a search.

I currently have a wired 4 camera system (no sound) with a DVR that I'm having trouble with and thinking about upgrading (or supplementing if I can get it working again) to a wireless system. Looks like this has been updated in over a year and was wondering what everybody's thoughts were on any updated technology that has come out since.

I'm looking for a 3-4 camera system that's wireless, can be used with a DVR or Cloud storage, preferable with two way sound, and battery powered but also have the option for AC powered as well, and work with Amazon Alexa. Suggestions?
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #63
FastFord19
Lifer

From what you are describing, I would say look at the Arlo cameras.
FastFord19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #64
hxbernal
Served Time

If you need Arlo's I got you. I was slowly piecing together the ultimate Arlo system but since I caught the bandits terrorizing our neighborhood I'm like

check it out: https://dallas.craigslist.org/search...+arlo&sort=rel

Arlo Pro and above is the only way to go. Original Arlo sucks ass and yes for what you're looking for Arlo is the best overall option

Last edited by hxbernal; 08-04-2018 at 05:18 PM.
hxbernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #65
Jose
Lifer

Thanks guys. The Arlo cameras are actually what I'm leaning towards. Just wasn't sure if any other manufacturers were offering features that were similar. hxbernal, I'll take a look at what you've got. But I've got a buddy working at Best Buy that I might be getting a discount on these.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #66
hxbernal
Served Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Thanks guys. The Arlo cameras are actually what I'm leaning towards. Just wasn't sure if any other manufacturers were offering features that were similar. hxbernal, I'll take a look at what you've got. But I've got a buddy working at Best Buy that I might be getting a discount on these.
Sounds good, but yeah regarding your other options. After pouring over tons of reviews and deciphering which reviewers are legit and which are just dumb-asses that can't comprehend simple instructions the Arlo Pro overall was the better pick by a decent margin (I also took into account what you get included vs the paid subscriptions). Alot of people are even passing up on the newest Arlo Pro 2 model because in order to fully take advantage of the better picture it gets requires it to have a constant power source i.e. needs to be plugged not to mention the hefty price tag
Old 08-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #67
Gasser64
Lifer

What is the very best one of em all?
Old 08-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #68
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxbernal View Post
Sounds good, but yeah regarding your other options. After pouring over tons of reviews and deciphering which reviewers are legit and which are just dumb-asses that can't comprehend simple instructions the Arlo Pro overall was the better pick by a decent margin (I also took into account what you get included vs the paid subscriptions). Alot of people are even passing up on the newest Arlo Pro 2 model because in order to fully take advantage of the better picture it gets requires it to have a constant power source i.e. needs to be plugged not to mention the hefty price tag
Thanks for the insight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
What is the very best one of em all?
Guess it would depend on what features you are wanting.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #69
ceyko
Lifer

I'm just grabbing 720P or better cameras as they become available for indoor purposes. Usually spending 25-35 dollars and will continue to do that until I have 3-4 spares. When one goes bad - trash and put up another.

My only requirements are pan/tilt, 2 way audio and be compatible with blue iris in one way or another. The last requirement with the dirt cheap cameras can require some more effort - but once up no big deal.

Outdoor cameras is where I'll have to spend a few more bucks since they are not as expendable as the indoor ones since their initial costs are high for ones that last more than 6-12 months.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #70
hxbernal
Served Time

Default Re: Arlo Pro Cameras

I ended up selling a 2 camera system yesterday so I reconfigured my listings.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/search...o+pro&sort=rel

If you're looking for an entry level system that you can add to later the 1 camera system is a good place to start.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/el...651939727.html

I have 3 of these available

Last edited by hxbernal; 08-15-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #71
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex

I have a system in my house, so the door bell and indoor camera in the window facing outside. They work OK anf the DB has sound and mic.

I recently bought a ZModo 1080p outdoor with 95ft night vision with motion detection it was right at $80.00 and they give you 36 hrs of free footage since they have their own servers. Of course if you need more they charge you per month, you download their APP to your phone and it alerts you if you turn on that function.
I've had it about a year and haven't needed more than the free coverage. Great picture and the night vision is great, they do need a power source and Wifi. They have all kinds on their website, indoor, outdoor, 720p/1080p, sound, pan/zoom, etc.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #72
FastFord19
Lifer

I got rid of all my Axis cameras years ago and have been running Hikvision. I don't think you can beat the price for the quality.
FastFord19 is offline   Reply With Quote