Keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry

I installed a cheap keyless entry system in a 94 f150, the whole kit was cheaper than replacing one of the actuators and it came with 4. I spliced into the factory switches for lock and unlock but when I powered it up, one side locks when the other side unlocks [emoji23] will it be as simple as switching the wires around? Put blue with green in stead of blue with blue and green with green? It’s only 2 wire but the driver side is 5.
    .....bro....

Hey it worked on my 87 chevy so eh, give it a quick try and see what happens. Had the same problem, one would go up and one would go down. Switched the wires, now it's fixed.
    WH

Comment

I remember getting pissed off at one of my bosses while I was working on HIS CAR!
      He was going to Vegas for the week-end and yada yada yada.

Being the sport I was then and being shall we say real cranky, I cross wired his locks and all 4 power windows! Some switches would roll down a different window, while it might roll up
      a different window (what a blast)!

Somewhere on I-15 from Orange County Ca. just before Vegas, They were able to get everything back up. They did not touch a thing in the car fearing what else I had booby trapped!

BTW Viper security systems used to have all kinds of wiring diagrams for lots of vehicles.

Comment

Switch the 2 wires that feed the actuator on the side that doesn't do what the switch should when pressed.

IE- You press lock and passenger side unlocks instead, switch wires on passenger side actuator.

If I'm reading and understanding your post correctly that is.

Comment

Keyless entry

Turns out I had one side unlocked and the other locked. I disconnected the battery and unlocked them both before I reconnected the battery. It was my fault, the heat got to me and I gave up. Now I just need to find out why this key fob only unlocks the driver side? Thoughts? Suggestions?

....and the wires were crossed ..
          Last edited by A+; 08-16-2019, 06:00 PM.
          .....bro....

Comment

Some systems have that as a safety feature, the thought being that it would prevent someone from jumping in the passenger side. Try pressing twice succinctly, or it may be able to be turned off somehow, but maybe not being a cheap system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keyless entry

Spoke too soon, it’s all screwed up. I’ll probably just take the whole thing off and start over again. Then if it doesn’t work , I’m gonna return it or pay someone. Idk why the driver side window stopped working all the sudden......It shouldn’t be this complicated.
              Last edited by A+; 08-17-2019, 04:51 AM.
              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
              X