I have some preguntas(questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some preguntas(questions)

I am using internet explorer and encounter a few problems when surfing the web. usually when i click on a link, or open a page it seems to take forever sometimes, like 1-2 mins, for the page to load. and sometimes IE seems to "freeze" while it is working on something...I can move the cursor around but can not click on any links or switch between tabs I have open. it is seriously like I am on dial-up internet, and this happens more times than not. I am on verizon fios and this happens with just regular web sites, not talking trying to watch movies online or anything. so....

1.) I am thinking IE is the problem...what other browsers do you all use.

2.) if i switch browsers, how can i still access my "favorites" list on sites I have bookmarked.

3.) when you start task manager and click on the performance tab it shows numbers relating to the cpu usuage....how do you read these numbers correctly and how can i use those numbers to see if my comp. is doing to much at one time.
    sigpic

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
    I am using internet explorer and encounter a few problems when surfing the web. usually when i click on a link, or open a page it seems to take forever sometimes, like 1-2 mins, for the page to load. and sometimes IE seems to "freeze" while it is working on something...I can move the cursor around but can not click on any links or switch between tabs I have open. it is seriously like I am on dial-up internet, and this happens more times than not. I am on verizon fios and this happens with just regular web sites, not talking trying to watch movies online or anything. so....

1.) I am thinking IE is the problem...what other browsers do you all use.

2.) if i switch browsers, how can i still access my "favorites" list on sites I have bookmarked.

3.) when you start task manager and click on the performance tab it shows numbers relating to the cpu usuage....how do you read these numbers correctly and how can i use those numbers to see if my comp. is doing to much at one time.
    IE always does shit like that, try firefox or chrome.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

He could also have spam/virii/rootkit
      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
        He could also have spam/virii/rootkit
        and download AdAware
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Op: download and run malwarebytes, see if it finds anything. Do it in safe mode by pressing f8 repeatedly when you first see the bios screen.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

tcpview is a bad ass program you can run and it show what processes are doing from the perspective of TCP connections. You can run it and see if anything on your machine is calling out to the internets.
            WRX

Comment

Working...
            X