No announcement yet.

Ron Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a lot of talk in that article on increased taxes, but nothing solid that I see. Granted, I haven't looked up the actual bill, but...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      I was aware of that bill, but I thought it included a tax increase?
      IIRC, it had a tax increase as well as vague wording on who got money awarded to them/how it would be paid. EDIT: That may have been my emotional response to the following.

It was right after all the news of Solyndra, Beacon, and other failed businesses that were government backed with a previous bill. Way too much money was funneled into someone's pocket and we're footing the bill. Meanwhile, those businesses file bankruptcy and all is well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        There's a lot of talk in that article on increased taxes, but nothing solid that I see. Granted, I haven't looked up the actual bill, but...
        That's what I thought. Avery's dad was comparing a bill that had a tax increase with one that would balance the budget, when those ass-clowns have had 3 years to even come up with one? Typical liberal mindset...

Comment

Originally posted by Avery'sDad View Post
          Typical right wing ignorance. I hope Obama not only wins, but wipes the floor with whoever the idiot is that is representing the GOP. They are out of touch with reality so much it's ridiculous.

Qualifications for GOP.

Against abortion.
          supports "Core" values.
          loves Jesus.
          Police the world and kill brown people.
          Support corporations at the expense of the middle class.

As long as they believe in the first 3, the typical republican voter will allow them to completely destroy everything else they stand for. In this day and age of the internet and common sense, the republicans days are numbered.
          Have you researched Ron Paul's platform or his voting record? He is not a proponent of abortion, but disagrees with federally approving/denying abortion. He believes it is best left to the individual States to minimize the procedure. He is against gay marriage from a moral standpoint, but votes "No" to provisions making gay marriage illegal. He doesn't believe that these are issues that need to be federally mandated, and legislation is best left to the individual States. He supports core values, but believes, as the writers of the Constitution did, that certain rights should be protected under federal law and everything else should be left to the States. His voting record backs up these thoughts and shows that he can put personal feelings aside and can think within the guidelines of the Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
            Have you researched Ron Paul's platform or his voting record? He is not a proponent of abortion, but disagrees with federally approving/denying abortion. He believes it is best left to the individual States to minimize the procedure. He is against gay marriage from a moral standpoint, but votes "No" to provisions making gay marriage illegal. He doesn't believe that these are issues that need to be federally mandated, and legislation is best left to the individual States. He supports core values, but believes, as the writers of the Constitution did, that certain rights should be protected under federal law and everything else should be left to the States. His voting record backs up these thoughts and shows that he can put personal feelings aside and can think within the guidelines of the Constitution.

I would have to say No, he hasn't, nor will he bother looking at the above to see how it aligns with his own belief system.

Typical lib that operates on talking points and emotion. While Paul isn't everything, he's the best damned shot that we have to break up the status quo, and a lot of these guys aren't going to see it because they are too blinded by their shuttered eyes to look at anyone other than whatever deity has been put up by their anointed leaders.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
              Preaching to the choir:

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
              LOL! What GOP candidate's are you looking at? RP is the only true Constitutionalist and that IMO should be priority now and always. The rest are neo-cons and will continue to carry out the Globalist NWO plan just like Barry. And they have all proved it by what they have already done.
              Originally posted by Avery'sDad View Post
              Agree 100%. The rest of the field can win the nomination but will not have a chance outside of that. I mean cmon, their pick is Newt Gingrich, really? They're going to send in this career politician with to most dirty laundry of the whole bunch to represent the GOP? I'm beginning to think that people are not actually voting for these politicians at first. It's just that Fox news and the like start out by saying these are the candidates ahead of the pack and everyone votes accordingly.

Comment

Working...
              X